Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Pics
I have 8 barred rock chicks now 7 weeks old wondering which are roos and hens? A few of them are lighter in color and have a redder comb are these roos?

I have 4 chckens that are ~ 6 months old now accordinng to the guy we bought them from. We got them at ~4 months old. No eggs yet. I'm fairly certain the gold and the black and gold one are hens, but the 2 with the green tailfeathers are starting to crow as of a couple of days ago. Are they roosters?

Also attached a pic of the coop I built because I'm really proud of it.

Thanks in advance!
Two cockerels and two pullets.

Last edited:
I have 4 chckens that are ~ 6 months old now accordinng to the guy we bought them from. We got them at ~4 months old. No eggs yet. I'm fairly certain the gold and the black and gold one are hens, but the 2 with the green tailfeathers are starting to crow as of a couple of days ago. Are they roosters? Also attached a pic of the coop I built because I'm really proud of it. Thanks in advance!
nice coop. Green tail feathers does look like a rooster :)

Help! Do I have a pullet? About ten-twelve weeks old Easter egger...
Very aggressive with our roo... shiny tail feathers forming....
hmm.png

Thanks!
-Erin
I'm thinking cockerel

I really thought this one was a little too until recently. We're pretty sure it's a mottled Cochin(assorted Ideal Bantams) and in every photo I've seen of Cochins at this age, the males already have combs. This one's comb is nonexistent.
They're all about 4.5 weeks old

Confused here too. This one feathered the fastest of all of them. But she's the only one that already has a comb. We're not sure if she's oegb or Dutch, but the other oegb that came with it has no comb whatsoever(pic below)

And here's my Silkie. I know it's way too early to sex silkies, but I thought I'd post for funsies if anyone wanted to guess.

As far as behavior, they all do the chest bump except the chick with the comb. The Cochin and Silkie stand very tall and are the least all calm and HATE being handled. The other two are calm and sweet and don't mind it at all. They're also much more adventurous and smart and are the first to try new thing/figure things out.

Last edited:
se

I really thought this one was a little too until recently. We're pretty sure it's a mottled Cochin(assorted Ideal Bantams) and in every photo I've seen of Cochins at this age, the males already have combs. This one's comb is nonexistent.
They're all about 4.5 weeks old

Confused here too. This one feathered the fastest of all of them. But she's the only one that already has a comb. We're not sure if she's oegb or Dutch, but the other oegb that came with it has no comb whatsoever(pic below)

And here's my Silkie. I know it's way too early to sex silkies, but I thought I'd post for funsies if anyone wanted to guess.

As far as behavior, they all do the chest bump except the chick with the comb. The Cochin and Silkie stand very tall and are the least all calm and HATE being handled. The other two are calm and sweet and don't mind it at all. They're also much more adventurous and smart and are the first to try new thing/figure things out.
second looks like a cockerel. The Silkie *could* be a cockerel too, but you'll have to post again once (s)he is older.

Back
Top Bottom