Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Pics
sorry had my other chickens on the brain deviled is almost 4 weeks and is a California white. I will get a picture sorry for the title error.
kind of young still.. I can wait a bit.. she is the closest white to my kids ear :0
the others are buff orpingtons. we have two little Ameraucana but too young to know

sorry had my other chickens on the brain deviled is almost 4 weeks and is a California white. I will get a picture sorry for the title error.
kind of young still.. I can wait a bit.. she is the closest white to my kids ear :0
the others are buff orpingtons. we have two little Ameraucana but too young to know
You'll have to wait until it is about 6 weeks to post again for us to take an accurate guess.

Too young yet to guess. And the Ameraucana is actually an Easter Egger.

thank you
jumpy.gif

You all have sexed some of my chickens in the past, so I thought I would come here to ask my question. I am wanting to know how to sex a silkie. I have heard that they are one of the hardest chicken breeds to sex, but I figure someone is good at sexing them. Also, around what age can you really tell what their gender is?

You all have sexed some of my chickens in the past, so I thought I would come here to ask my question. I am wanting to know how to sex a silkie. I have heard that they are one of the hardest chicken breeds to sex, but I figure someone is good at sexing them. Also, around what age can you really tell what their gender is?
Silkies can be really, really hard. If from a good quality line, you can get an idea of gender based on the shape of the crest. But most of the time, they are pretty difficult to sex. Due to the black skin, the combs don't pink up like they do in other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom