Not sure what breed two of my hens are, please help me figure it out.

I agree, I especially think Sophie is beautiful! But Ponyo is uniquely pretty also. I would not mind having either one of those in my flock! ❤️
Hey, haven't seen you in a while. I haven't been on in a while myself, but I have been back in Granny's lately. Oh..and I agree... EE'S. 😁.

I e had one like Sophie. Have they started to lay yet? If not, don't be surprised if you get an olive egg. :)

I will start off by saying I know there is a lot of discussion on Easter eggs or ameraucanas. I originally ordered from my local feed store 3 Silver lace Wyandotte hens and 3 Aurcana hens and I didn't get the Aurcanas instead I think I got Ameraucanas but I know that they may also be Easter eggers instead of Ameraucana. I hope You all can help me figure out what my girls are so that if my family shows them for 4h I can properly show them. They are under a year old but I don't think there colors will change much from now. Plus they have the puffy cheeks, I won't be upset if they aren't Ameraucana's, I am more interested in just knowing what they are.

I have done different research and the possibilities I have come up with are Blue wheaten Americana, golden lace wyandottes and steele eggers. I'm really not sure but I hope you all can help me. Here are my 2 girls I'm not sure about.

This is Sophie
View attachment 2839793

This is Ponyo
View attachment 2839790
Both are beautiful girls! I say Easter eggers

When you order chicks, watch the spelling, it tells you a lot. You probably won't get true AMERAUCANAS from a hatchery, you'll have to hunt up a breeder, and you won't get them for $3.65 a chick, you'll pay considerably more. Same with ARAUCANAS. From a hatchery you can get Easter Eggers for that price, but they may be sold under a variety of misleading names such as Americana, Ameracana, Ameracauna, Aracana and the like. And when they start laying, their eggs may range in color from cream to pink to greenish blue to green to olive green. Easter Eggers are sweet, lovely, productive birds and I love mine dearly and probably will never be without them. But I know what they are, and what they are not.

I will start off by saying I know there is a lot of discussion on Easter eggs or ameraucanas. I originally ordered from my local feed store 3 Silver lace Wyandotte hens and 3 Aurcana hens and I didn't get the Aurcanas instead I think I got Ameraucanas but I know that they may also be Easter eggers instead of Ameraucana. I hope You all can help me figure out what my girls are so that if my family shows them for 4h I can properly show them. They are under a year old but I don't think there colors will change much from now. Plus they have the puffy cheeks, I won't be upset if they aren't Ameraucana's, I am more interested in just knowing what they are.

I have done different research and the possibilities I have come up with are Blue wheaten Americana, golden lace wyandottes and steele eggers. I'm really not sure but I hope you all can help me. Here are my 2 girls I'm not sure about.

This is Sophie
View attachment 2839793

This is Ponyo
View attachment 2839790
Pretty!!

Back
Top Bottom