Not sure what is going on here

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, Jan 25, 2013.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    My 9 month old Blue red laced Wynaodott is missing some feathers. She started missing them on the back of her neck like maybe where Mr. Jack would be getting her or maybe she would be getting pecked. Now i have noticed she has lost almost all of them under her neck. She is also looking bare all around her face. Maybe not bare but maybe where new feathers are coming in. I am pretty sure she isnt getting pecked in those places like under her neck. Here are some pic i was wondering if maybe she is molting but i thought she may be too young. Also i am not able to keep uploading pictures. I havent loaded pic on here lately and i see its new. Can someone tell me the problem please? thanks

2. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    this is a picture of her .[​IMG]

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Looks like a moult to me, but I guess she could have been pecked at some point and the feathers are coming back. Usually my chickens (spring chicks) don't moult until their second fall, but this year I noticed all of my soring birds moulted early (first fall). I have no idea what caused it, but it gave me a little more incentive to sell them (which I was considering anyway). That's a beautiful girl you've got there, hopefully she has all of her feathers back soon :)
    Nikki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by