Not sure what is going on....

livabelleacres

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 25, 2013
  • livabelleacres
  • new_egg.v1343175771.png
Good day everyone, I have a question I just lost an Americana chicken from something, about a week ago she had blood on her egg, I just thought it was just from straining, but it happened the next day and then the next and as this was happening she was loosing butt feathers not sure if she was plucking or the others where doing it for her. On Sat night went in the coop she was dead, she was eating and vocal and such in the morning and in the afternoon when I checked on them, I was hoping this was isolated but now another one of my Americana chickens has blood on the egg looking like a smear as well. Does anyone have any clues into what maybe going on. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance. Rosa

How old/how long have your hgens been laying. They can have blood on the eggs at first until they get streched out after laying. Is there any blood in the stool? are they walking normal? I have a young chick who is sick and ive been doing alot of reading. Coccidiosis causes blood in the stool and make them weak and ruffled looking. My chick is getting better after i started giving vitamins but im not sure what was wrong with her.

They have been laying since last fall, she seems fine now, but concerned about it happening again. May have to find some liquid vitamins for the whole flock. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom