1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Not sure what these are...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by scottrobins, Mar 30, 2016.

1. scottrobins

scottrobins New Egg

Mar 30, 2016
    TSC wasn't sure what these were and I had different answers when we bout them. now about 3-4 weeks old. Thank you in advance! :) We now know to buy from someone who knows what they have. lol or order the chicks we want. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BeanHen

BeanHen Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2014
    I'd guess Barred Rock, as their barring (stripes) is/are very clear. And, the gray wash on the front legs may indicate pullet. Lovely birds! :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  3. scottrobins

scottrobins New Egg

Mar 30, 2016
    we were told three different breeds when we picked them up. and then we thought it was sex-link roos... So you think Barred Rock. are they a little more higher strung? seems out of them and the rock island's we have they are the most silly and will run from us more. we only have 4. but they all look the same I think.

4. thechickgal

thechickgal Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2016
    Indiana
    Those look like they are barred rocks. I have 4 chicks of my own that look exactly like that and are barred rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by