Not Sure What To Do..Advice Please!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ThornyRidge, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    I had posted several weeks back about a Salmon Favorelle hen I have (approximate age 5 yrs) that was kinda down and had the frothy bubbles in her eyes but was still eating and clucking around.. well I gave her a few days of vet rx for poultry and some sulmet in her water and kept her away from rest of flock and she seemed to respond to that.. I have noticed now again she is back with the frothy eyes (pretty significant) and maybe I am picking up an odor from her (not sure.. it is peculiar but not offensive).. None of my other hens or roosters that share space, food and water dishes with her has even come down with anything.. it is just her and her only symptoms are the frothy/bubbles in her eyes.. she eats and drinks and carries on pretty normally roaming my back yard and such.. it seems like the froth accumulates more during the day and is impairing her vision.. tonight I cleaned her eyes with damp papertowel and set her down and she tore away to food dish.. no cough, no nasal discharge.. what to do an dwhat would this be?? stumped because if it was something actually respiratory noone else has caught it and she has been around them for weeks now with this!

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Sorry to hear about her. [​IMG]

I've had LOTS of chickens with frothy eyes. Never have they had problems. [​IMG]

3. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    She needs the antibiotics that go in the water. I think it is Duramycin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by