Not Sure when day 18 is ....????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JeanGenie, Jun 15, 2009.

1. JeanGenie

JeanGenie In the Brooder

May 30, 2009
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi all

I was given some Pekin chicken eggs from a friend who was going on holiday during the hatch time. I placed them in my incubator and they have been slowly cooking for the rest of the time. He told me he thought they had been under the broody hen for 7 to 10 days but was unsure of which it was.

I have had them incubated now since bringing them home. I have candled them but as a novice at hatching I am still learning. I used pictures of day by day incubation to get me a better idea of how far they were along. I sort of guessed at 9 days...!!! Anyway, I am now in the belief that we are at day 18, or 19. I have already boosted the bator up to 80% hunidity as per loads of info I have found tell me to do, but what happens if I was wrong and they were only at day 17 or worse 16 and I have pushed up the settings.

Will I damage or even worse kill the babies inside?. I have stuck a webcam on them that updates every 60 seconds for my friends so they can watch. I am not sure if I am allowed to post and external links on here, so if anyone fancies taking a look PM me and will send the link. If I am allowed and someone can let me know will maybe post it on here...

Anyone offer some advice on the maybe over settings etc...

Thanks

Darrin

2. DANNY

DANNY Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    I would just keep turning till i saw a pip and that's when i would up the humidity. I really just spray mine with warm water and never adjust the humidity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: