not the color i eegspected

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
does anyone have a pic of buff polish roo and road island hen cross? my first hatched tonight and its nothing like i eggspected. its yellow, not dry yet. was really looking for a darker polish with big brown eggs that would sit

I've never known of anyone crossing the two, but being this is the first generation, anything is possible. Depending on the strains of the parents that you used they might not have been purebred, or somewhere down their line(which is common) something else was used. Again, first generations with experiments are exactly that-an experiment. Post pictures when you can, would love to get a visual to look a little deeper into the reason behind the colors.

thank u for the input, guess no one else has either because ur my single post. this morn not completly dry yet but except for darker legs, looks polish only yellow. i dont know the color of my roo when born i got him as juvi but the hens i bought at orshlins. like tractor supply. sexed rir and i thought they were strange with black tips on wings as baby but they are beautiful hens, very dark mahogany sheen. im afraid the only camera i have is my walmart phone and i am very new to computer. so i have tried to post pics and i cant. i did forward some pics to family on facebook and she posted for me, but not of these guys. i tried to move one here for my profile and i cant even do that!

Well, US Rhode Islands many times do have the black tips so that isn't anything abnormal. Buff Laced Polish babies are yellow in color, so maybe the Rhode Island genes didn't quite get a foot in the door. Here's a photo of a Buff Laced Polish baby.

Does it look anything like that? If so, the Polish side was more dominant with that particular hatch. Hope this helps.

yes, it does look like that except yours is a little more fluffy on the head and mine has a little more darker tone to its face yellowish red mabey but more yellow. think ur right, gonna look like daddy. thank you for the pic. cute little bugger

Glad to help, you should post pics when you can! Take care.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom