Not Trying To Start A Political Debate Or Any Of That Junk

Every page there is like 30 tons of information
tongue.png
Hehe

Quote:
if this is the case he was eligible...........but it was said he may have been born in Canada then he wouldn't be. really in his case depend where he was born

I don't believe you're correct. He was ineligible because the law didn't change until the 1930's - at the time of Chester Arthur's birth and for that matter during the time of his Vice presidency and his Presidency, both parents had to be naturalized citizens for their children to be natural born citizens.

The law was most likely changed due to Arthur, although I don't know for sure.

If born in the States from the beginning made them a citizen. It was only those born outside of the States the 1930 change clear up .

Quote:
Agreed,
All people with US citizenship could theoretically claim to be African American.
It is widely believed that all humans today descend from Mitochondrial Eve, who most likely lived in East Africa about 200,000 years ago.

Quote:
I don't believe you're correct. He was ineligible because the law didn't change until the 1930's - at the time of Chester Arthur's birth and for that matter during the time of his Vice presidency and his Presidency, both parents had to be naturalized citizens for their children to be natural born citizens.

The law was most likely changed due to Arthur, although I don't know for sure.

If born in the States from the beginning made them a citizen. It was only those born outside of the States the 1930 change clear up .

There is case law that makes it clear that what you state can be at the very least considered "in doubt". This case has yet to be overturned:

Minor v. Happersett (1875)

The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first.

If one takes the common law definition as the backbone upon which the Framers depended, as opposed to the opinions of those experts who came later (and therefore who could not ask the dead authors of the Constitution what they meant), there is good reason to believe that Chester Arthur was not eligible to hold the two highest offices in the land.

Note, deerman, I am leaving ample room to say you might (but I hold fast to the "might") be right.
tongue2.gif

mom'sfolly :

No naturalized citizen can become president. You must be born a citizen. There are two ways to be born a citizen; have at least one parent a US citizen (either by birth or naturalized) or be born in this country. Obama fits two of these criteria, and his opponent in the last election had one of these criteria...John McCain was born outside of the US to US born parents. Most people forget this fact.

mccain was born on a military base which is considered u.s. soil, obama had foriegn citizenship which would most likely mean he wasnt born here. too bad the damage is done​

mom'sfolly :

Again, from the Constitution:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

The Constitution took care of all the first presidents with the "time of the Adoption" part.

Obama: born in Hawaii to an American mother: US citizen from two parts of the law
McCain: born in Panama to American parents: US citizen by birth due to parents
Chester Arthur (I thought it was Cleveland, but I was wrong): Possibly ineligible due to Canadian parents and the possible birth in Canada, not Vermont.

I would also wonder if a person would qualify for president if the hold dual citizenship. My guess is no. I think they would have to relinquish the second citizenship, unless in was a Native tribal citizenship. I know quite a few people with dual citizenships, and it would be an interesting case.

obama had admitted going to countries that were forbiden for a us citizen at the time. this would mean he had his passport and citizenship from another country, with dual citizenship you cannot be pres.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

Last edited:
Most people will believe what the media tells them as facts, as an example, many people think church of seperation and church is in the constitution.... Can anyone tell me what Andrew Jackson considered his greatest accomplishment while president? Also, why was he so hated by the money changers? Who tried to kill him more than once? Does anyone know who owns the federal reserve?

Quote:
obama had admitted going to countries that were forbiden for a us citizen at the time. this would mean he had his passport and citizenship from another country, with dual citizenship you cannot be pres.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

You made a statement about obama going to countries that were banned from entry with only a US passport as evidence of dual citizenship, then post a link to snopes.com which completely refutes your statement.

hmm.png

What AquaEyes said...Travel to Pakistan was legal in 1981. In fact, one of my high school buddies went there at about the same time, and one of my college friends was from there. I don't think using Snopes, which rated the story as false, backs up your claim.

Quote:
Oh yes ...one of my favorite Presidents......He KILL the central bank !!!!!! which alot of the stock was own by people outside the USA......Took him many years......but he got it done.

The Bank with its money....was getting more control of the Country. The President of the bank ,even put the Country in a deep recession, trying to fight Jackson. President Jackson even had all federal money ,pulled from the bank.......to do so he fired couple people.

If we had learn from him, we would not be in this recession...now. It did take 77 years before the Banks could start getting the power back over this Country.

Back
Top Bottom