Note to self & Blue Poo!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Walmart had blueberries on sale yesterday, 99 cents a pint.
DH said not a word as I loaded pint after pint of them in the cart; even though he knows that I don't care for blueberries.
Brought the blueberries home and popped them into the freezer, figuring they'd make a nice cool treat for the chooks on the hot days ahead.
Just took a pint out to the chooks for their morning treat, one peck from each of them and then all heads turned to me and gave me the worse stinkeye I have seen in awhile.
What gives? They love strawberry sherbert and it's frozen.
idunno.gif

Note to self - thaw the blueberries first. Spoiled birds.
he.gif

Well, they must have waited for the blueberries to thaw and then ate them. I know this because the chicken yard now has multiple piles of flourescent blue poo.
lol.png

Last edited:
The first time I fed my girls watermelon their poo came out all red and I was convinced that they had cocci and/or were dying of internal bleeding. Yet, they were the healthiest acting dying chickens I'd ever seen.

Fruit colors and poo - what a combination!

Mary

That's too funny. Maybe feed each chick a different color and have rainbow poop <gggggg>

I haven't been giving my babies medicated starter. The other day I gave them some tomato, and a red apple.
Freaked me out to see the red pieces in their poo. I remembered what I'd fed them a while later, but since I want to continue treating- Cherries are a blast!- I went out and bought medicated starter.
roll.png

Blue poo has to be interesting.

Quote:
Remember when I'd give my white cockatoo blackberries and she'd stain the whole front of her body purple?
lol.png

Gritsar- I bet it's easier to avoid now!
wink.png

Quote:
Remember when I'd give my white cockatoo blackberries and she'd stain the whole front of her body purple?
lol.png

wink.png

yuckyuck.gif

Kat-what flavor/color is next?
lol.png

Quote:
lol.png

wink.png

yuckyuck.gif

Kat-what flavor/color is next?
lol.png

Well, the blackberries changed the blue to flourescent green.
wink.png

I noticed two things yesterday. #1. There's going to be a huge crop of figs this year. Right outside the coop, but if I don't keep them out of it, there will be the world's stinkiest poos after they ripen.
#2. There's a big patch of blackberries growing behind the coop. Betcha the chickens find em ripened before I do.
roll.png

Hahaha, that's hilarious! I just read it to my roommate/friend who said, "I definitely won't go around throwing fruit at your chickens then... Definitely not!" and left with a most suspicious look on her face.

Back
Top Bottom