WannaBeHillBilly

Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
What my ducks don't eat for supper and breakfast helps a little chipmunk to get over the winter
Caught it on the DuckCam on Saturday. I figured out from where the chipmunk came and from now on i empty the duck's cereal bowl on the chipmunk's path, so it won't have to come onto the duck platform - and won't spread any diseases...

I love your screen name! If Chipmunks were not native to this land our pet stores would be full of them! What a beautiful creature. They can't survive on my property because The Cat (capitalized because that's his actual name) catches them and leaves them on the carport for me to feed to the chickens. Kinda sad but he kills the mice and rats too, which keeps the copperheads away.

I love your screen name! If Chipmunks were not native to this land our pet stores would be full of them! What a beautiful creature. They can't survive on my property because The Cat (capitalized because that's his actual name) catches them and leaves them on the carport for me to feed to the chickens. Kinda sad but he kills the mice and rats too, which keeps the copperheads away.
Chipmunks are a native species in north america! That is an Eastern Chipmunk in the video.

I’ve been wanting to get a DuckCam for winter, as I’ve caught a bug so I can’t get out with them. I’d love to watch them, and I rarely see them out the window because they hang around the pool or inside their coop. Adorable chipmunk! We had Song Sparrows steal our ducks food!

That's amazing about the raccoon, We have had possums drop by off an on during the day and eat the feed while everyone just laid or stood around watching. But I'd never trust a raccoon.

We think the reason the raccoon is just hanging out is that there are several families in the neighborhood that put out cat food for the 2 unclaimed cats that live here. Plus, there are several families who have indoor/outdoor cats with food bowls. The raccoon is probably feeding off of them as well. According to the friend, the raccoon was portly. LOL.

My ducks don't give the two neighborhood cats the time of day either... they actually will chase the cat back to the fence when the cat ventures into the yard.

Back
Top Bottom