Nothing Says Spring Like.... (pic heavy)

Texas Fluffy Feet

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Arlington, TX
jumpy.gif
Brand New Chicks!
jumpy.gif

Got my peeps this A.M. 5 Healthy happy little standard cochin girls. As you can see they found the food pretty fast...
100_2335.jpg

And the water...
100_2333.jpg

As soon as I got home with my peeping box from the post office I went straight to DD's room and woke her up to see them. She wanted to hold each and every one so after their drink of water I thought it a good chance to get a pic of each one. As you can tell she wasn't quite awake yet. She had picked out the Buff when we ordered so she held that one first:
100_2339.jpg

The littlest one is the silver laced:
100_2342-1.jpg

Next came the little red:
100_2345.jpg

Pretty Faced Golden Laced:
100_2347.jpg

and the little blue too:
100_2349.jpg

And by then the girlie was wide awake and ready to watch the peeps... where she still is sitting in front of the brooder just watching them sleep, eat, poo and drink. :
100_2351.jpg
)

Thanks for letting me share!

Yep, after we were starting to resemble the chicks with our heads nodding off we decided to nap and finally tore ourselves away from the brooder. We woke up and went right back out there to watch them some more. The family had to pretty much fend for themselves tongiht as me and DD ate a peanut butter sandwich for dinner in front of the brooder.
big_smile.png

I can't believe how much they eat! I put out over a cup of food for them first thing and 5 hours later I had polka dotted paper towels and an empty food bowl! Granted a third of it was probably scattered but I have 5 fat happy looking little chicks now who are going a little slower on the second bowl of food. They are all just so darn cute! The little buff who DD picked out is the biggest of the bunch and looks like a tennis ball with a beak.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom