Nothing to do with chickens really, but GREAT news I'd like to share!

4H kids and mom

Cooped Up
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
I am SOOOOOOOOO happy! Can you tell?
tongue.png

Ok, well most of you heard me sayin that my DH drove OTR with Schneider trucking, I'm sure. Well, not anymore! Ok, let me start at the beginning...

This all started over a week ago. DH was supposed to be paid a certain amount on Friday. Well we checked the bank of Friday and they'd deposited $19! He (we) was furious and called them on his day home (Saturday/Sunday). They simply told him that he'd turned in his logs late, and they docked his pay! He hung up the phone so angry he was near tears, and that takes ALOT for him to get that way. So, he went out to work on the car (which he often does when he's upset, even though there is nothing wrong with the car.) and I left him be (which we good wives know is best- but the HARDEST -to do in times like these) and went on about my chores with the animals.

Well, I noticed we were low on Meat Maker feed, so I took the truck up to the feed store. I am well known there (lol- they have a pic of ChickenDuck on their wall!) and Vicky (the office gal) saw the look on my face and asked what was up. Well, I hadn't had much in the way of "grown ups" to talk to in over a week (I run a day care....<<sigh>>) so I sorta spilled everything. She smiled and told me 'things could be worse' and that she was certain things would be looking up very soon. Then she winked at me. I had no idea why! So, I bought my feed and loaded it in the back of the truck. I went to start the truck when I noticed the HUGE sign hanging on the front of the building. "Now Hiring! Class A CDL driver! Must be over 21, clean cut, and available NOW!..." My jaw hit the floor.

Certainly I would have noticed that sign on the way in. Why hadn't I seen it? A chill ran down my back. "Weird" I thought. and headed home to talk to my DH.

Well, he thought ' I might as well call about it and see whats up... ' and he called. The owner had him come in for an interview. The DH came home about 2 hours later saying "I think he hired me! What do I do now?!" So....we had a LONG talk that evening to say the least.

Long story short, he took the job driving for the feed store, and basically told ST to shove it. It pays close to $17 an hour (far more than he was making at $0.27 a mile) and he can work all the hours he wants. Everything worked over 8 hours in a day is time and a half! Full benefits, etc too. He's EXTACTIC to say the least!

He started on Tuesday, and in the 2 days he's worked, he's made over $300! Plus, as an added bonus HE'S HOME EVERYNIGHT!
big_smile.png
I'm not alone anymore! I'm sooo happy guys! The kids are just so glad to have dad home too! Even the animals seem happier! lol
big_smile.png
I just had to share with someone! The preschoolers here everyday dont seem to care much....lol
tongue.png

Oh....did I mention he gets a 25% DISCOUNT on feed and everything else they sell???? Hmmm? Did I? hehehehehehehehehehe I'm sooooooo happy! Yay!

Last edited:
Oh that is such a wonderful feel good story, im so glad he has found a better job.
Thanks for sharing it and well done for going to the store that day. It certainly does pay to chat to people as great things happen from words.
Helen

That's wonderful news!!!
wee.gif

Things do have a way of working out.In your case you scored!!
D.gif
Hubby home every night, that's just too cool..I wish yall the best
smile.png

Miriam

That is a dream come true! What an emotional roller coaster, first extremely hard then so wonderful. Glad it worked in that order! We've had a similar situation happen and it feels so good to have not just one thing work out, but so many things work out at once is so awesome!!
Many blessings to your family!
Amy J.

Back
Top Bottom