Now that's gona leave a mark! Double Yoker

sittin" in the carton like that makes me think of Baby Huey
lau.gif

God Bless your little lady, makes you wonder how the heck she did that don't it?

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

That is a beautiful egg! I have had mostly double yolkers but I did get one that was a triple!

We save the really huge ones. I have 4 now sitting in a carton. We blow them. Let them dry. Then we paint them for Christmas ornaments. They are so big and the different colors almost make them look NOT real once you finish them for your Christmas tree.

Before anyone starts to groan "we just got over Christmas!" - I spend all year preparing things for gifts for Christmas. Egg ornaments are HUGE. Everybody wants one it seems because they are so fragile and delicate looking. We paint them, varnish them so they have a nice shine, add a metal loop and a ribbon hanger. People go nuts for them, more the brown eggs than the white because the brown ones have more of an antique look to them.

I am not the only one who does something with eggs either. LittleChicken Racing has beautiful eggs he makes using polymer clays.

Sorry - not trying to hijack your thread. Just giving a suggestion on what you could use that big beautiful nature made egg for other than just breakfast.
smile.png

Before anyone starts to groan "we just got over Christmas!" - I spend all year preparing things for gifts for Christmas. Egg ornaments are HUGE. Everybody wants one it seems because they are so fragile and delicate looking. We paint them, varnish them so they have a nice shine, add a metal loop and a ribbon hanger. People go nuts for them, more the brown eggs than the white because the brown ones have more of an antique look to them.

NOW, do ya'll see why she is my hero?!! This woman puts Martha to shame!! Post pictures Prissy!!​

Quote:
Prissy:
Would you care to elaborate on how to remove the contents of the egg with leaving the shell in tact? Just curious, I think that was what you were referring to with "blow the egg" in your response. I have read about this but not sure about the process. Does seem like a waste using it for breakfast with such limited qty.

Back
Top Bottom