Now thats one lucky duckling!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Alicia G, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    I have had a beautiful pair of fox come and take there pick of my mixed flock [​IMG] I had paid a fellow to build a fence for me and well he never finished. So I have been going at it to the best of my abilities, but it still needs some work! Any Hoo, the fox came by today and got one of my turkeys and two of my ducklings.......or so I thought. Well about an hour later after I am in a fury to finish that darned fence, one of my neighbors down the road came up to my barn. I was a bit confused at first on why she was here, but she held up something, I'm visually impaired so I didn't know what it was at first, but then it let out a squeaky quack! She said "one of the ladies said you had ducks, so I thought this little fella must be your". I was so surprised, I picked him up and took a good look, It was one of mine alright! I said thanked her very much, said that the fox have been coming by.
    "I never noticed him until he came up to me and started chatting away, even let me pet him and pick him up!" She told me.
    Hes defiantly one lucky duckling!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Wow! That is one lucky duck!

3. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Wow ducks amaze me sometimes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by