Now the neighborhood can sleep in peace :)

krapnet

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 29, 2013
I; and I am sure my neighbors had enough of the mighty roosters morning call, I know I did, so while all 5 roosters where sleeping, me and my pops grabbed them and put them in boxes. and wow that sound (scream) sounded so bad. and kept them in the back room till morning, and they where still crowing even with there feet tie dup in a dark box. we took them to our friends house so he can slaughter them because we did not have the proper knife on us.

how do hens usually react when you take the roosters out of the flock?

here is a pic of my favorite one when he was little

Last edited:
HAPPY. Depending how many roosters to hens there were. Hens will go on with life like nothing happened.

I; and I am sure my neighbors had enough of the mighty roosters morning call, I know I did, so while all 5 roosters where sleeping, me and my pops grabbed them and put them in boxes. and wow that sound (scream) sounded so bad. and kept them in the back room till morning, and they where still crowing even with there feet tie dup in a dark box. we took them to our friends house so he can slaughter them because we did not have the proper knife on us.

how do hens usually react when you take the roosters out of the flock?

here is a pic of my favorite one when he was little
welcome-byc.gif
Your hens may or may not react. They'll probably be unsettled for a bit until they get the pecking order reestablished. Other than that, they should be just fine.

I; and I am sure my neighbors had enough of the mighty roosters morning call, I know I did, so while all 5 roosters where sleeping, me and my pops grabbed them and put them in boxes. and wow that sound (scream) sounded so bad. and kept them in the back room till morning, and they where still crowing even with there feet tie dup in a dark box. we took them to our friends house so he can slaughter them because we did not have the proper knife on us. how do hens usually react when you take the roosters out of the flock? here is a pic of my favorite one when he was little
My hens got so much calmer when the roo went to live somewhere else. Like they were relieved. I didn't see any pecking order reorganization, tho I'm sure there was some.

Back
Top Bottom