Now to figure out who done it...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by silkieluvr, Jan 26, 2008.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    So, got my first tiny eggs from a little flock of bantams I have, the two main suspects are a Belgian D'Anver and a Mille Fleur D'Uccle. If anyone knows what color eggs those two breeds lay, could you please post?

Thanks!!

2. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Can you see their ears. they are low on the head where you would think the cheeks are.

A general rule is: White ears, white eggs, red or colored ears, you get brown.

Exceptions, EE's have blue, green etc.

Also I have a Polish mix that has Pure white ears, I actually caught her laying brown eggs.

The Belgian lays about 150 white eggs per year,
    I am pretty sure the Mille Fleur D'Uccle lays white. Most light weight layers have white eggs.

I hope that helps

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    creamy white and um... creamy white. No help based on egg color.

Good luck figuring it out. I have a flock of 10, 3 different breeds. The eggs are either quite dark brown, lighter brown, or pinky brown.. and I still haven't figured out exactly who is laying what... [​IMG]

4. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I have 5 girls and one is laying, and she has the wrong colored ears so I didn't suspect her, so one day I basically hung around and watched. [​IMG]

I knew about what time to start watching because they lay every 24-26 hours give or take a few hours (later) I nearly froze hanging, I felt llike an expantant mother. But I did catch her, there was no doubt it was my Polish. [​IMG]

Here she is checking her eggs and I thought they were someone elses. you will find out soe enough be patient, someone will slip up don't worry. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    My Millie Fleur D'Uccles lay creamy white eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by