Now to figure out who done it...

silkieluvr

Songster
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
Marin, California
So, got my first tiny eggs from a little flock of bantams I have, the two main suspects are a Belgian D'Anver and a Mille Fleur D'Uccle. If anyone knows what color eggs those two breeds lay, could you please post?

Thanks!!

Can you see their ears. they are low on the head where you would think the cheeks are.

A general rule is: White ears, white eggs, red or colored ears, you get brown.

Exceptions, EE's have blue, green etc.

Also I have a Polish mix that has Pure white ears, I actually caught her laying brown eggs.

The Belgian lays about 150 white eggs per year,
I am pretty sure the Mille Fleur D'Uccle lays white. Most light weight layers have white eggs.

I hope that helps

creamy white and um... creamy white. No help based on egg color.

Good luck figuring it out. I have a flock of 10, 3 different breeds. The eggs are either quite dark brown, lighter brown, or pinky brown.. and I still haven't figured out exactly who is laying what...
barnie.gif

I have 5 girls and one is laying, and she has the wrong colored ears so I didn't suspect her, so one day I basically hung around and watched.
he.gif

I knew about what time to start watching because they lay every 24-26 hours give or take a few hours (later) I nearly froze hanging, I felt llike an expantant mother. But I did catch her, there was no doubt it was my Polish.
yippiechickie.gif

Here she is checking her eggs and I thought they were someone elses. you will find out soe enough be patient, someone will slip up don't worry.
wee.gif

coopbase009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom