now..

I actually like the noises the Guineas make, does not bother me at all
smile.png
Geese ducks roosters peacocks and other poultry can all be loud too (so can my Goats and Burro, lol), it just depends on what you can handle (or the neighbors can handle). Luckily for me most of my neighbors are 10+ acres away, and plus I really couldn't give a rat's behind if it bothers them or not
lau.gif
That's why I live in the country, so I can have livestock... and enjoy the benefits of tick and snake free land! Besides, THE NEIGHBORS always have the option to MOVE, lol.

PeepsCA: I actually like the noises the Guineas make, does not bother me at all Geese ducks roosters peacocks and other poultry can all be loud too (so can my Goats and Burro, lol), it just depends on what you can handle (or the neighbors can handle). Luckily for me most of my neighbors are 10+ acres away, and plus I really couldn't give a rat's behind if it bothers them or not That's why I live in the country, so I can have livestock... and enjoy the benefits of tick and snake free land! Besides, THE NEIGHBORS always have the option to MOVE, lol.

Amen. Ditto. & my donkey is loudest; when he brays, it gives a start to anyone who is close and especially if they have never heard him.

My Guineas don't make a lot of noise all the time, and I don't hear them in the morning (unlike my roosters who crow a lot & loud during the morning). My Guineas only get real loud when they are alarmed by something.

Neighbors and Guineas don't always mix well. I have a neighbor about 100 yards away who I think hates the Guineas (I assume because they have never spoke to us except one time, a group of Guineas went over to their property, scolded them and ran back to my place.) The neighbor started screaming something at me from a long distance but my donkey started braying and dogs barked so I couldn't make out what she was screaming - --- but assuming she thought she was telling me off about my Guineas -- these neighbors act like they belong in a surburb neighborhood in a McMansion with a manicured lawn (i.e. they are not country people).​

Quote:
Amen. Ditto. & my donkey is loudest; when he brays, it gives a start to anyone who is close and especially if they have never heard him.

My Guineas don't make a lot of noise all the time, and I don't hear them in the morning (unlike my roosters who crow a lot & loud during the morning). My Guineas only get real loud when they are alarmed by something.

Neighbors and Guineas don't always mix well. I have a neighbor about 100 yards away who I think hates the Guineas (I assume because they have never spoke to us except one time, a group of Guineas went over to their property, scolded them and ran back to my place.) The neighbor started screaming something at me from a long distance but my donkey started braying and dogs barked so I couldn't make out what she was screaming - --- but assuming she thought she was telling me off about my Guineas -- these neighbors act like they belong in a surburb neighborhood in a McMansion with a manicured lawn (i.e. they are not country people).

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Right now I have 9 guineas and 5 chickens, I got more complaints about a rooster than about all the guineas, don't understand why really. They can be quiet, but if something new is happening or if a hawk flies overhead, everyone in the neighborhood should know. They are great for warning the chickens of hawks and so far we haven't lost any.

Back
Top Bottom