Nugget in his wheelchair

Spiritwalker76

Hatching
Feb 25, 2015
Renton, WA

Hope you can see the photo. This is Nugget in his wheelchair. About a week and a half ago he started losing his balance and now can't walk at all. Not sure if he has Merrick's disease or if it was nerve damage from thrashing around after we put a No Crow collar on him. Not sure how long we have left with him, but I want him to be as happy as he can, so I made him this wheelchair today.

Sorry to hear that Nugget hasn't gotten better, but he has a nice chair. If you haven't already done so, put him on some poultry vitamins in his water daily, just in case he has a vitamin deficiency or a neurological problem similar to wry neck. Selenium is not in most vitamin products, but a small amount of egg, tuna, of sunflower kernels will give him what he needs. Please keep us aware of how he is doing. Hopefully, it is not Mareks. PCR testing for Mareks can be done by certain poultry labs at around $30 including the one at Texas A&M, not including the cost that your vet would charge for drawing blood and shipment.

Hope you can see the photo. This is Nugget in his wheelchair. About a week and a half ago he started losing his balance and now can't walk at all. Not sure if he has Merrick's disease or if it was nerve damage from thrashing around after we put a No Crow collar on him. Not sure how long we have left with him, but I want him to be as happy as he can, so I made him this wheelchair today.

This is the best I have ever seen. Awesome. I am so glad you posted this. it's brilliant.

That is adorable!! And Nugget is beautiful!! I hope he comes around. He still looks happy and healthy from the picture though. Hope he improves or that you atleast have a long time left with him. The wheel chair is pure genius!! I love that. Yes, keep us informed on how he's doing. I'm rooting for ya Nugget!!

Does he still have the no crow collar on? I'm wondering if it was too tight and caused a lack of oxygen to his brain and caused the paralysis.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback! We learned that the chair needs a strap/seatbelt across the front as he sometimes tumbles out on his face, poor guy! I will be adding that tonight. Purpletree23: we took the no crow collar off the day or two after he started acting funny. It didn't seem too tight, we intentionally left it loose. Not sure what happened.

Back
Top Bottom