Nursing chicks back to health.

Rglake

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2021
So we just got chicks in the mail today. Our first batch of 10 we got a couple weeks ago we were all DOA. This batch only one was staring vocal and alert upon arrival. Right now we have six out of ten that are still alive two are doing very well and four of them have payed down after we nursed them to health. At this point we don’t know if we should let them rest or continue to try and keep them up and going. Our question is are they dying or just resting. They are kinda plopped down with their feet under them.

So we just got chicks in the mail today. Our first batch of 10 we got a couple weeks ago we were all DOA. This batch only one was staring vocal and alert upon arrival. Right now we have six out of ten that are still alive two are doing very well and four of them have payed down after we nursed them to health. At this point we don’t know if we should let them rest or continue to try and keep them up and going. Our question is are they dying or just resting. They are kinda plopped down with their feet under them.
If you just got them today, they are probably exhausted and possibly dehydrated.
Give them electrolytes in their water. (I like Sav-A-Chick). Maybe give them some Nutri-drench too, and check that they are actually drinking water. Put their little beaks in the water so they get the idea.

So we have three that made it through the night they are definitely the three that were doing the best. I think it was just too much for the rest of them. I feel like we did everything we could have, we gave them sugar water, and egg yoke witch made them perk up for a little bit but not to the extent that the three healthiest ones were at.

So we have three that made it through the night they are definitely the three that were doing the best. I think it was just too much for the rest of them. I feel like we did everything we could have, we gave them sugar water, and egg yoke witch made them perk up for a little bit but not to the extent that the three healthiest ones were at.
I am sorry you lost so many. Going through the mail can be so hard for them.
Good luck with your little survivors.

We are down to one now it was the only one that was alert and up when they arrived hopefully she makes it. 😢 The other ones just kinda gave up one by one thought out the day.

Back
Top Bottom