Nurture Right 360 is trash

Pics
I was having good luck with it until my last 2 batches. My last hatch I ran 3 weeks ago only 8 chicks hatched out of 22 eggs!

I'm wondering, when you clean the unit, have you checked the fan?
Each hatch, I find a whole bunch of chick down up there. I use a Qtip only very slightly damp and carefully wipe it all off away from the fan motor. I've also opened the top and removed the fan on one unit that had gotten rather noisy in the last day of a hatch... cleaned that fan more thoroughly and greased the motor with a rubber safe lubricant. It was quiet after.

I just hatched 38 chicks out of the 2 bators on Friday, so I'm still pretty pleased with it. I do wish cleaning was a bit easier, but it's hard to imagine a design without funky spots for stuff to get stuck.

To make sure the turner operates, don't forget to reset it each time (Menu and Minus button held down until it beeps).

No that's how I actually incubate. I have even more in it right now, haha. Yes, I hand turn five times a day.
Have you done goose eggs? Do you mist-and-cool? I have two NR360s going at the moment, one with duck eggs and one with goose because my bator was full when goose decided to stop laying but not commit to sit.
I tend to think variations are normal for natural hatches, since mom does turning and there would be warmer/cooler spots in the nest.
I’ve had to put my six goose eggs in the NR360 without a turner and turn by hand. I don’t mist and cool, but I might do it to the goose eggs that are notoriously hard shelled. I only candle once a day tops which mimics mom getting off the nest and rotate/turn at the same time.
Appreciate any tips

I lost a ton of eggs before ordering a third unit like the two others I have and I took them all out. It was atrociously bad. Once I took them out and put them into my other machines I had a 91% hatch rate from about 14 days on. Before that I lost more than 2 DOZEN eggs. The fluctuations from around 96 or 97 to 102 were destroying them. The first 3 days set at 99.5 I don’t think it was even holding 97. It is absolutely trash and I cannot believe anyone justifies how bad it is. Poor hatch rates aren’t normal y’all. In the machines I use I consistently get amazing hatch rates. I stand by my original statement.
So what kind do you have or do you have?

Back
Top Bottom