Nurture right 360 question

abbysdad2006

In the Brooder
May 18, 2020
Good day all, I just purchased a Nurture Right 360 yesterday and went through all the necessary set up procedures. Put the eggs in last night, Sunday, this morning, Monday, I changed the temp on the unit from 100 to 101 and when I did, d-21 flashed. Those of who have ever used this unit, know when, I change the temp, have I inadvertently reset the day countdown?

thank you

What Type Of Eggs Are You Incubating ? Why Would You Change The Temp ? Most Eggs Are 99.5. & Yes If You Just Started Up The Incubator It Will Count Down From Day 21.

What Type Of Eggs Are You Incubating ? Why Would You Change The Temp ? Most Eggs Are 99.5. & Yes If You Just Started Up The Incubator It Will Count Down From Day 21.
We aqre doing chicken eggs, I bumped up the temp because it was a little chilly in the house this morning. I know it counts down from 21 days, but, because I changed the temp the next function was the days.

The day should continue to count down even with adjusting the temp. It'll be easier to see that when it's not at day 21. It'll only reset back to 21 with a factory reset or intentional day adjustment.

Keep in mind it's not a good idea to adjust the incubator based solely on external (room) temperature. It was already running a 1/2 degree hot at 100. You might have a calibrated independent thermometer you're basing your decision to increase temp on. Since your original post didn't mention that I'm making a guess on why you changed the temp. If this is your first hatch, and you don't have an independent thermometer, just leave it alone for the entire hatch. You're less likely have issues, and it's easier to identify hatch problems, running off the factory settings. If you've fiddled with it the whole hatch and things go pear shaped you'll have no idea where to start troubleshooting for the next hatch.

The day should continue to count down even with adjusting the temp. It'll be easier to see that when it's not at day 21. It'll only reset back to 21 with a factory reset or intentional day adjustment.

Keep in mind it's not a good idea to adjust the incubator based solely on external (room) temperature. It was already running a 1/2 degree hot at 100. You might have a calibrated independent thermometer you're basing your decision to increase temp on. Since your original post didn't mention that I'm making a guess on why you changed the temp. If this is your first hatch, and you don't have an independent thermometer, just leave it alone for the entire hatch. You're less likely have issues, and it's easier to identify hatch problems, running off the factory settings. If you've fiddled with it the whole hatch and things go pear shaped you'll have no idea where to start troubleshooting for the next hatch.
Thank you, I'll change it back to 99.5 tonight when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom