Nurture Right 360 question

indianaducks

Songster
Feb 4, 2021
So back in November/December I hatched 6/10 eggs from my ducks. Used the turning tray and had no issues.

I went to set 7-8 duck eggs tonight from same group of ducks and only 2 eggs would fit and turn. The rest just sat on top of the turning tray. They aren’t even that big. Im so frustrated as I was super excited to set eggs and incubate again.

The eggs that do fit are back on my table waiting. I’m hopeful to get a few smaller ones tmw but it’s going to be cold again. Ugh so frustrated. I loved using this incubator last time and was so excited to use it again.

If you are going to incubate duck eggs often, I suggest to modify the tray by cutting out every second divider. This way you can fit 8 eggs at each cycle. You would still be able to use with chicken smaller eggs, by (placing 2 eggs into larger slots) Or purchase a replacement grate from manufacturer.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

360nurt.PNG

If you are going to incubate duck eggs often, I suggest to modify the tray by cutting out every second divider. This way you can fit 8 eggs at each cycle. You would still be able to use with chicken smaller eggs, by (placing 2 eggs into larger slots) Or purchase a replacement grate from manufacturer.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

View attachment 3004584
Thank you! I was thinking about doing this but wasn't sure if it would scratch the eggs from sharp plastic. I will have to think about it. I love the incubator and didn't have a problem with it last time, so was shocked last night.

Well solved it...
After cutting one tray divider, I realized the grated floor was upside down so it was making the turning tray wonky and wouldn't turn any of my eggs. I'm an idiot. At least I only cut one divider before I realized this LOL

Just wanted to add another trick that has have applied. Add a perforated shelf liner to the bottom. This gives some added traction, as well as prevents small chicks' feet from getting caught in the small openings.
You want the perforated style to allow air movement, and humidity to free-flow throughout incubator.
shelfliner.PNG

Back
Top Bottom