Nutrena safe?

Overthinker

Songster
Sep 26, 2021
Howdy,

So i get all flock chicken feed, i like pellets cause crumbles are a mess. The stuff I get seems like the pellets are an inch long and the chickens don't seem to be a fan of. But there isn't a lot to choose from.

I did find some Nutrena pellets that look smaller but seems I know so many people whose dog died because of random recalls.

Should I just not bother with Nutrena? Has their chicken feed been recalled several times?

Thank you

Thanks for the advice. I dunno, I'll probably just return it. I'd hate for something to happen to my kids chickens that i saw coming.

I understand that pretty much everything has a recall now and again. Both my cars have had safety recals.

But I'm under the impression that Nutrena has a safety recall like 5 times a month or something, that's pretty much what I was asking. How often do they do recalls because of killing pets.

Once every ten years or 10 times a year?

Thanks for the advice. I dunno, I'll probably just return it. I'd hate for something to happen to my kids chickens that i saw coming.

I understand that pretty much everything has a recall now and again. Both my cars have had safety recals.

But I'm under the impression that Nutrena has a safety recall like 5 times a month or something, that's pretty much what I was asking. How often do they do recalls because of killing pets.

Once every ten years or 10 times a year?
If Nutrena had a recall 5 times a month, I wouldn't be able to feed my birds a great quality feed.

No, recalls aren't that frequent.

Nutrena All Flock is my preferred brand. Seems my birds like the smaller pellets better. If I have chicks I get crumble. Lately I get what I can get freshest, be it Nutrena or Purina pellet, crumble, or chick starter. My birds do not eat Dumor very well so I try not to get that.
Never had a problem in almost 10 years now. I do not remember any recalls on these in that time at all.

I always get Purina brand feed when it is available, even if it costs a few cents more.. Purina has the best animal nutritionist and animal nutrition research facilities in the world. They also have the most to loose if they screw up.

If there is a recall, it is because they found a problem with one of the ingredients being used. They do not grow, process or manufacture all the commodities and ingredients that go into their food. A recall can be seen as a sign that they are continuing to test their feed on real live animals in a controlled setting.

Hi All,

I am a newby. We are getting a coop with some laying hens this saturday. Good to see the information on Nutrena. I saw that Nutrena Naturewise hearty hen was soy free. Any suggestions on another soy free variety?

Back
Top Bottom