Nutri-Drench?

grubbygirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Willamette Valley, OR
My local feed store only has Nutri-Drench for goats. I'm assuming the formulations are different for each species, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask: Would it be okay to give the goat formulation to chickens?

Here's a link to the label info on Poultry Nutri-Drench so you can compare the units (I.U.) of vitamins and see the recommended dosage for chickens. Be very careful not to overdose on the A and D Vitamins. Too much can be toxic. http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc/assets/label_info/16796.htm

If you can't figure a way to use the Goat Nutri-Drench, you can essentially provide similar nutritional support by giving your birds Polyvisol (without iron) baby vitamins and Pedialyte. For a small flock, put the Pedialyte in a 1 quart waterer and add 1 full dropper of the Polyvisol vitamins.

Are you doing this as a nutritional boost following worming?

I would not use the goat nutridrench for chickens That stuff gives a jolt to the system and there is alot of difference between the size of a goat and a chicken It might cause seizures in the chickens. My vet doesnt even think its good for goats.

Thanks for the advice, folks. I will order the poultry formulation online.

MotherJean: Yes, after doing a lot of reading here on these boards and elsewhere, I am preparing to worm my chickens for the first time. However, I have one hen who is ill at the moment, so I will be waiting to hear what the vet says on Monday before proceeding with worming my 3 healthy birds.

As always, I appreciate the help! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom