Nutridrench for Bobwhites

bietsch624

Songster
15 Years
Nov 28, 2008
Does any one know if Nutridrench would hurt a Bobwhite? I came home from work today to find one of my females crouched back in a nesting box with a hole pecked in the top of her head. Everytime she would go out in the pen with the others, they would chase her back in to the coop. I seperated her and put food and water in with her. She immediately began eating. Why do the females get picked on this time of year? I would figure males would, but this same time last year, I had a female ganged up on while at work and they killed her.

I dont know about nutridrench, but I know Blue Kote will help... your farm supply or co-op should have it....

The boys are getting a little rough. They get the urge and well it continues from there... Nutridrench is fine, go ahead and give it to her. I use it on all shipped birds and most hurt ones.

Thanks. I do have Blue Kote, but it's right between her eyes. She does look pittiful and I feel so bad for her.

when around the eyes, wrap her in a towel and apply blue kote with a Q-tip. blue kote + eyes = BAD....

Last edited:
Thanks. Will try. Might be the first time I blue koted one of my birds and got more on them then my hand.

She wont like be'in wrapped in a towel but it will keep her from thrash'in about and hurting herself. Plus you can do it by your self... I heard JJ say they BITE TOO!!!

Quote:
YES THEY DO... THE SLOW LEARNER BITE REPEATEDLY AS WELL
hmm.png

BLUE KOTE HER, ISSOLATION UNTIL SHE HEALS... IF SHE'S EATING NUTRIDRENCH IS LIKELY OVER-KILL BUT CERTAINLY WONT HURT HER.

NOW THAT ITS BREEDING SEASON YOU'LL SEE QUITE A BIT OF THIS BEHAVIOR, ESPECIALLY IN BOBS!

AND IT ISNT ROO INFLICTED IN HER CASE ITS HEN ATTACK--- THEY MEAN LIL HORMONAL WENCHES NOW... ROO ATTACK WOULD BE A SCALPING INJURY ON THE BACK OF HER HEAD... ANKLES/ FEET AND FRONTAL FACIAL ATTACKS ARE HEN AGRESSION--- WORD OF WARNING*** WATCH THE REST OF THE GROUP, YOU HAVE A NASTY WITCH IN THERE AND THIS IS LIKELY TO REPEAT WITH HER NEXT VICTIM! FIND HER AND PUT HER IN A PAIR WITH A SOLITARY MALE AND LEAVE IT THAT WAY, OTHERWISE YOUR SITUATION WILL BE LIKE A SKIPPING RECORD REPEATING ITSELF OVER AND OVER....
roll.png

GOOD LUCK WITH THEM AND I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT YOUR BEAT UP GIRL, THEY'RE PRETTY TOUGH SO LONG AS THE ABUSE STOPS AND SHE GETS A CHANCE TO HEAL I'M SURE SHE'LL DO FINE

Quote:
Like mentioned, it's likely the male started the head-feather loss because he doen't have hands to grab the "love handles"
hide.gif
, ya know? That being said, if Betty sees that Margaret's wig is all out of place, and she doesn't want to share Bobby in the population movement, then yeah, Margaret is subject to have her civil rights violated, and the bad part about this whole drama scene...........odds are, Margaret WILL NOT about-face, and put the holy-moly smackdown on ol' Betty. She just cowers down, and takes the beatin'..........
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom