NY chicken lover!!!!

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been on. My town passed a law that you can have 6 chickens, no roosters. Unfortunately they have set outrageous setbacks for where the coop has to be and I can't keep my current set up as my coop is a bit of a chicken mansion.

It looks like my only options are to have a much smaller coop with a few bantams or use part of my garage as a coop. So a friend of mine has my current flock...which was very upsetting! My chickens are my children.

So I'll have to get some bantams this spring because I can't be without chickens!

Hope you all have been well!
If you're garage has a window can you put your coop inside the garage? I know a guy near SU who keeps his inside his garage.

Hey checking in but not caught up! I've been super busy with 2 batches of Chicks. I have a ton of show quality bcm roosters. I can't say I'm thrilled with what I ended up getting for what I paid but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Pics to come when I'm at a computer!

Welcome ! We like to see pictures of Peeps ..

I have lots of those...lol

I have an extra incubator. You can either barrow it until you get one or just buy mine for cheap. It's an older TSC one so it's not fancy but it works great. Just let me know.

Awe, that's sweet, thanks. Luckily I was done for the season. I really want to get a Hovabator 1583 and my bday is Feb, so I am hoping I can swing a little present to myself, lol I've used a LG 9200 for the last two years that was my sister's and have had awesome hatches. She had it a good 3 years before I "borrowed" it, so it's served it's time.

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been on. My town passed a law that you can have 6 chickens, no roosters. Unfortunately they have set outrageous setbacks for where the coop has to be and I can't keep my current set up as my coop is a bit of a chicken mansion.

It looks like my only options are to have a much smaller coop with a few bantams or use part of my garage as a coop. So a friend of mine has my current flock...which was very upsetting! My chickens are my children.

So I'll have to get some bantams this spring because I can't be without chickens!

Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

I have lots of those...lol
Awe, that's sweet, thanks. Luckily I was done for the season. I really want to get a Hovabator 1583 and my bday is Feb, so I am hoping I can swing a little present to myself, lol I've used a LG 9200 for the last two years that was my sister's and have had awesome hatches. She had it a good 3 years before I "borrowed" it, so it's served it's time.
Sorry to hear that. That sucks.
if you change your mind just let me know. Weather you barrow it or buy it my husband would appreciate it. Lol. The more incubators I have the more birds we have, which drives him crazy.

Hey checking in but not caught up! I've been super busy with 2 batches of Chicks. I have a ton of show quality bcm roosters. I can't say I'm thrilled with what I ended up getting for what I paid but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Pics to come when I'm at a computer!
I've been considering dumping my Birchen for a Copper. My line as copper in it anyway and I'm not getting fertile eggs. I've never had good luck hatching with an incubator. The hens did better, but this rooster just isn't getting the job done.

Do they even show marans? I didn't see any at the fair?

Welcome newbies.

Fayetteville has passed law to allow chicken permits. $50 for xis and $100 for evlewt.
$50 for xis and $100 for evlewt. ? <- what are these ?
barnie.gif

So sorry to hear that ...Can they do a varience as you already had the coop before the law

Back
Top Bottom