NY chicken lover!!!!

Pyxis, Lindsay, Berner Mom, Cass, Grandma Chick pharmchickmom: THANKS for giving
us directions to hatch.Looking forward to seeing FERTILE EGGS.

Eggs will go into the incubator
Wait 5 to 7 days candle

Thanks again, Will keep you posted. Regards, Aria

LuvmyCHICKS

ha ha ha mine was a total impulse too - they are just SOOOO cute ... but I'll only breed them once - again for me .... and then if I am still enamored, I guess I will have to buy some nice chicks to mix in new blood.

Peepers is adorable too! I love the way they are so upright.
I'm waiting to see if her egg is fertile.(waiting till dh gets home this afternoon.) I told DH that if/when her eggs are fertile that we are going to have to find a way to try to hatch out a few.

I can do it next fall, worst case. I *think* I have seen people managing to fit one in a brinsea - that's something I need to check out before I get an egg. I'll rehome the baby if I get one but I would just love to hatch and have one around for a short time. Hey look! An EMU! :)

Ok so been off for some time and there's no way I'm catching up. So not sure if this has been discussed further. I incubated 4 emu eggs in my brinsea 20 eco last yr. one hatched and a second made it to lockdown but died during hatch. I had to take the little black tray out for them to fit. I'm doing it again this yr with just 2 eggs. I'm in trouble because my fiancé forbid it but it was an impulse buy on eBay. Don't know where I'm gonna hide the incubator.

So I've been busy with serving on the grand jury for the month of March and working 2 jobs all winter. Has anyone else had lots of mysterious losses? I had a lot of my older hens pass this winter.

Got 2 duck eggs this morning instead of just the one from the KC. Someone finally got their butt in gear! Set a Silkie egg aside today. Today is day 9 for the two eggs left in the Brinsea. I'll be setting another batch right after they hatch. May do a mixed batch-two silkies, three from my blue Orp, two from my splash Silkie. We'll see who wants to give me the first 7.

I've been reading every post so far (since my last post) and there is just so much i have to learn, all of the talk about different breeds has me so lost haha. I also dont have a rooster or an incubator so I dont think I will ever have to step into hatching territory but it does all seem interesting.
Yesterday and today I have been on the phone and looking all over online to find out how to get into farmers markets or to simply find a place to sell my eyes, I got a few people already but I dont think I have enough people yet. Making progress on information tho, so thats a plus.
On another note, the pasty butt on the one chick went away and everyone seems to be happy and healthy. I also couldn't help it today when I went to tractor supply. I ended up getting 6 tetra tint pullets!

So now with these girls I am at my limit (for now ;) )
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice, It helped out a lot and I know I have been learning a lot just from lurking around.

I've been reading every post so far (since my last post) and there is just so much i have to learn, all of the talk about different breeds has me so lost haha. I also dont have a rooster or an incubator so I dont think I will ever have to step into hatching territory but it does all seem interesting.
Yesterday and today I have been on the phone and looking all over online to find out how to get into farmers markets or to simply find a place to sell my eyes, I got a few people already but I dont think I have enough people yet. Making progress on information tho, so thats a plus.
On another note, the pasty butt on the one chick went away and everyone seems to be happy and healthy. I also couldn't help it today when I went to tractor supply. I ended up getting 6 tetra tint pullets!

So now with these girls I am at my limit (for now ;) )
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice, It helped out a lot and I know I have been learning a lot just from lurking around.
Sounds like you have Morehen's Disease. I purposely avoid going in to tractor supply during chick days. I'm afraid I might bring home their Easter Eggers even though I know half would be boys. lol.
Just wait, you'll want a rooster "just in case" someone goes broody. Mwhaha!

Sounds like a lot of folks are getting Morehens Disease now that chick days are here! I'm glad I have the will power to walk in and walk out lol. Plus I can really care less for chicks right now unless they're from my own birds. I'm looking for nothing adults this year. I am picking up the trio in Albany this weekend. I've been in contact with her and the birds didn't have anything major, just some irritation due to her not being able to get to the barn while she was sick with the flu. Every one is healthy and I decided I really couldn't turn down this offer I'll be picking up a splash hen from Catdance eggs she hatched last April, a blue pullet and a splash roo with a nice white base undercoat. These three will be housed in the pen next to the bantams until everyone gets to know/see each other thru the fencing.

I've been reading every post so far (since my last post) and there is just so much i have to learn, all of the talk about different breeds has me so lost haha. I also dont have a rooster or an incubator so I dont think I will ever have to step into hatching territory but it does all seem interesting. Yesterday and today I have been on the phone and looking all over online to find out how to get into farmers markets or to simply find a place to sell my eyes, I got a few people already but I dont think I have enough people yet. Making progress on information tho, so thats a plus. On another note, the pasty butt on the one chick went away and everyone seems to be happy and healthy. I also couldn't help it today when I went to tractor supply. I ended up getting 6 tetra tint pullets! So now with these girls I am at my limit (for now ;) ) Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice, It helped out a lot and I know I have been learning a lot just from lurking around.
Sounds like you have Morehen's Disease. I purposely avoid going in to tractor supply during chick days. I'm afraid I might bring home their Easter Eggers even though I know half would be boys. lol. Just wait, you'll want a rooster "just in case" someone goes broody. Mwhaha!
Mine don't get Easter eggers
My Beloved Husband was at work today, and stopped in to Tractor Supply. He called me up and said "hey, Chick Days is going on at the TSC in Sidney, did you want some?" Duh.... yes.
they are so hard to resist

Back
Top Bottom