NY chicken lover!!!!

It didn't come through. I've had probs with PM's.
ok . $2.50 per egg sound ok? And do you want me to make sure they are fertilized by my bcm roo? I also have a black EE roo it's your choice I just have to swap boys around. She is my green layer.

Last edited:

ok . $2.50 per egg sound ok? And do you want me to make sure they are fertilized by my bcm roo? I also have a black EE roo it's your choice I just have to swap boys around. She is my green layer.

The bcm roo would give me a darker egg from the hatched hens right? I'm no expert but that sounds good to me. Lol. I'm not doing this for showing birds or anything. Just wanting pretty eggs in a few diff colors. I'll try to pm you and see if that works so we can work out a time and place.

The bcm roo would give me a darker egg from the hatched hens right? I'm no expert but that sounds good to me. Lol. I'm not doing this for showing birds or anything. Just wanting pretty eggs in a few diff colors. I'll try to pm you and see if that works so we can work out a time and place.
Yes a green egg hen/pullet to a dark brown roo/cockerel should give a darker green egg in the offspring.

Hey everyone. It's been a long time since I posted here. I think last time I was asking for help finding Cochins and someone reached out to Chris and got him to message me and I'd like to say thank you to whoever that was.

Now I'm looking for yet again. Does anyone know any other places that I could find quality Cochins? As well as ameraucanas if anyone has any of those. I'm trying to rebuild my flock. I can't find the person I sold my oldflock to as I lost there contact. I wish I kept better records now because I feel I'm looking for what I already had and I don't know where to get any of them without having to pay for shipping and I don't want to go through that again. As of now I'm looking at getting some Cochins from Jamie Matts soon if I can't find some elsewhere that I'd like.

So if anyone knows of anyone else who might have Cochins like what I used to have and willing to sell, or my old birds (Lemon Blue LF, or Mille Fleur and Buff Barred bantams), and ameraucanas, please pm me. Thanks for any help and sorry I am always asking for help to find birds.

I'm thinking about doing a little hatching in the next few weeks. Anyone know where I can get some EE eggs within an hours drive from Oswego? I'd really like to have some BCM eggs to hatch, then I could make my own olive eggers next year but I will prolly have to order them to be shipped. Only looking to hatch 6-8 so a dozen eggs would be good if I get a 50% hatch rate.

I have Easter Eggers - however no one is really laying right now. I also have an Easter egger rooster if you'd like him for free! I live in Delanson, but travel to Worcester NY somewhat frequently.

I have been reading posts for several months now trying to decide what kind of chickens to get for my daughter who is in 4-H and very interested in chickens. We have had a barnyard flock for a long time, but am learning more about what I should have been doing all along.
1f60a.png
So, what are your suggestions for breeds that are easy for a child to handle? And places to get them. We would be open to fertile eggs, chicks, or young pullets. We would also like something closer to the SOP than the hatchery hens we have now. We liked Speckled Sussex, but haven't found any nearby, other than hatchery chicks. So, we welcome your suggestions. Thanks!

Speckled Sussexs are probably the friendliest birds that I have! I also have Orpingtons (blue, black, splash, lavender, chocolate, and mauve), and Easter eggers. I'll have chicks and eggs in the spring.

I have Easter Eggers - however no one is really laying right now. I also have an Easter egger rooster if you'd like him for free! I live in Delanson, but travel to Worcester NY somewhat frequently.

Thank you but I think my rooster is part EE. I really only want one rooster right now. I'm sure if I hatch I will get some out of the hatch but I'll cross that bridge so to say. Haha. Thank you so much for the offer though.

Well as it turns out the Blue EE I kept is a roo. I will cross him back to the Lavender and Blue hens I have though and then perhaps get rid of him. Which means I'll have to set him and some hens up in a fourth coop. Lord have mercy does it never end?

TSC sent me some coupons. Most I couldn't use. One I did use was buy four bags of feed get one free. The others I gave to someone named Joanne who was there. I expect she has a farm of some sort.

TSC keeps track of what I buy and at the end of the year send me a breakdown. It's very helpful. Though CM doesn't do the same and I do spend money there too.

I wish it were a bit warmer so I could work out there. This cold weather makes my joints hurt.

Who here has a septic system and what can you tell me about it. I have a guy coming to look at ours Monday. It's been such a pain.

Back
Top Bottom