NY chicken lover!!!!

I went to get Chicken feed today at TSC, and they had brand new chicks! ISA Browns, RIR, Austrolorps, and Cornish Rocks. They were just soooo.... cute! I should have gotten some, but I don't need more burdz!

Sept 20th, tail gate - ? Most of us swap at chicken stock
I read on Craigslist and I also had a Facebook friend tell me they are having a spring tail gate sale this Sunday from 7 to noon. I'm thinking about going if I have nothing else going on. If anyone is interested I have some roosters to get rid of. I'm gonna be overrun here very soon. 2 Mottled ameraucana 1 blue ameraucana 1 Barred Rock cross sexlink

Good morning. I need votes/encouragement/motivation.

Should I spend ~$100 on an incubator with fan to use as a hatcher?, spend ~$50 (and several hours) on building another fridge size incubator to use as a hatcher?, or spend $0 borrowing an incubator for hatching that may or may not be available when I need it?

I want the ability to use it and store it as needed, so I'm leaning towards buying something. My husband would prefer I spend nothing. I think the most likely option will involve more work on my part. :/

I need to decide by mid May.

I cleaned my coop yesterday and split a few nest boxes. I found a stash of 14 eggs. :lol:

Should I spend ~$100 on an incubator with fan to use as a hatcher?, spend ~$50 (and several hours) on building another fridge size incubator to use as a hatcher?, or spend $0 borrowing an incubator for hatching that may or may not be available when I need it?

I want the ability to use it and store it as needed, so I'm leaning towards buying something. My husband would prefer I spend nothing. I think the most likely option will involve more work on my part.
hmm.png

I cleaned my coop yesterday and split a few nest boxes. I found a stash of 14 eggs.
lol.png

Borrow to give yourself time to build.

I want the ability to use it and store it as needed, so I'm leaning towards buying something. My husband would prefer I spend nothing. I think the most likely option will involve more work on my part. :/

I cleaned my coop yesterday and split a few nest boxes. I found a stash of 14 eggs. :lol:

$50 and a bit of work.
1f601.png

@tao chick my vote would be to pick up a cheep
1f425.png
Incubator to use as a hatcher. Your time is valuable as are the supplies to build one. I use a hovabator as a hatcher and it works great. Sometimes I think about selling it, but it's so useful that I just can't. It makes rolling hatches fairly easy to do. U might be able to find a used one on Craigslist or even posting a classified on here might make one surface. Best of luck!! Gorgeous rooster!

I have a 10 week old beautiful BO rooster looking for a good home, I am in Brooklyn, NY but travel regularly to upstate New York as far up as Cooperstown, NY. I am willing to hand deliver it to someone along that route, it is illegal to keep him in NYC. I don't have the heart to take care of the problem, but I am afraid it might come to that eventually.

I'll post better pics later

I have a 10 week old beautiful BO rooster looking for a good home, I am in Brooklyn, NY but travel regularly to upstate New York as far up as Cooperstown, NY. I am willing to hand deliver it to someone along that route, it is illegal to keep him in NYC. I don't have the heart to take care of the problem, but I am afraid it might come to that eventually.
I'm willing to take the BO roo and I don't live that far from Cooperstown. Pm me

I'll post better pics later

@tao chick my vote would be to pick up a cheep
1f425.png
Incubator to use as a hatcher. Your time is valuable as are the supplies to build one. I use a hovabator as a hatcher and it works great. Sometimes I think about selling it, but it's so useful that I just can't. It makes rolling hatches fairly easy to do. U might be able to find a used one on Craigslist or even posting a classified on here might make one surface. Best of luck!! Gorgeous rooster!
i have an older one just gathering dust. Interested?

Back
Top Bottom