Nyxhasquails introduction

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My family an dI have both chickens and quails and have had them since about April 2020. I've picked up on a lot of the care and vet side of poultry and fowl care.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Hmm, I believe we have eighteen chickens and as for quail, we have six Celadons, one Jumbo Coturnix, and Three Bobwhites.

(3) What breeds do you have? One buff Brahma, two Americanas, one gold-laced Wyandotte, three Barnevelders, six silver-laced Wyandottes, two lavender Orpingtons, one buff Orpington, and two silver-laced Wyandotte/Barnevelder mixes.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? The cuddles and interactions, plus free breakfast.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Drawing and writing are at the top of the list.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Not really much to share, we raise our birds in a neighborhood and may have gotten some of our neighbors into chickens as well.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :DFound BYC a few times when trying to find out about certain fowl illnesses/injuries, finally joined because one of my Celadons has something that I'm not seeing any other record of and I'm hoping to find help.
Welcome to BYC!
What's going on with your quail?

Back
Top Bottom