)o I put more $ into Brower Inc?

CountryMama

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
West Michigan
I bought a used incubator for $25 off craigslist. When I got it home it worked and I shut it off. I left it under this table for about a month and then took it downstairs and let it sit for awhile. Then I tried turning it on and it has never worked since. The light comes on but no heat. I replaced the wafer and then I replaced the switch though i used a 22amp switch instead of a micro switch. I didn't realize there was a difference but I cannot stand the thought of spending $20 bucks to buy the switch (its 12 plus shipping from Cutler Supply. I have already put $50 into a cold incubator when I could have just bought a $42 dollar Little Giant from Tractor Supply!

Well.. the only thing left I guess would be to replace the heat element. That costs $33 plus shipping from Cutler Supply. And considering I have never used the incubator yet, I am not all that confident that even another $40 bucks is going to get this thing working. What if ... its like taking a chance. I just don't knwo whats wrong with it or how to get it working.

Is there any other thing that could be wrong besides the heat element? Could the difference between 22amp switch and a regular microswitch make the difference? or is ice cold heat element just plain one a bad element?

What would you do? Spend another $40 or so to get the heat element? Would you get the microswitch for another $12 plus shipping? Do you just throw it in the closet and go buy something new?

It's totally up to you, but if you get that Brower up and running it's a million times better than any still air styrobator. Those foam bators are cheap because....................well,........ you know why.

Quote:
If you know electricity check the circuit with a meter for continuity.
Turn the power off!!!

If you dont ask somebody with electronic background to do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom