Obsessed With The Walking Dead!!!!

I like Shane, for some odd reason, & Daryl I always had a soft spot for rednecks (giggle) Dale keeps acting like Andrea's Dad, Rick is permanently perplexed & Herschel just needs to be b&@^#-slapped for thinking one could cure being dead!!! I knew Sophia was dead but I really didn't expect her to be zombiefied

I LOVE ZOMBIE MOVIES!!!!!

she was in the barn, & when she staggered out Shane shot her in the head. She is dead. Carl & everyone cried.

Quote:
OMG I know that made me sick.

I didn't like seeing that either - more "objectification" of animals in the media. Interesting in a show that is exploring the themes of humanity and morality.

No, whats interesting is that the chicken hobbling scene bothers yuns more than the little gal getting shot in the head. Know what they have in common? Its all special effects.

Objectification? All I saw in the way of objectification was chickens being used as food. I use em as food too, and I'm sure zombies like a good cut of chicken as well! How else can you feed a barn full of zombies? Can't exactly drop em down a sack full of Lunchables.

I'm enjoying this season more than the first, I believe. I really wish Lori hadn't turned up pregnant tho. Hopefully they wont center the rest of the season around that. Thats how Mad About You got cancelled! Well, that and it sucked....

Quote:
I didn't like seeing that either - more "objectification" of animals in the media. Interesting in a show that is exploring the themes of humanity and morality.

No, whats interesting is that the chicken hobbling scene bothers yuns more than the little gal getting shot in the head. Know what they have in common? Its all special effects.

Objectification? All I saw in the way of objectification was chickens being used as food. I use em as food too, and I'm sure zombies like a good cut of chicken as well! How else can you feed a barn full of zombies? Can't exactly drop em down a sack full of Lunchables.

I'm enjoying this season more than the first, I believe. I really wish Lori hadn't turned up pregnant tho. Hopefully they wont center the rest of the season around that. Thats how Mad About You got cancelled! Well, that and it sucked....

The little girl who is shot in the head is "imaginary" because she is a zombie, so it bothers me no more than watching a CGI dinosaur being killed by another. The chicken thing bothers me because that is a depiction of violence towards a real creature. Much in the same way, as I watch the show, I have have been upset by suffering of "real" humans, for example, when Daryl was shot in the head, since he is human, I was very upset. Or his brother being left on the roof - hes a terrible person, but I felt for him, what a terrible way to go. Part of watching a fantasy of any kind, requires you to "buy into" the rules of the fantasy world. As I see it, zombies are dead, shooting her was a mercy. I felt sorry that the girl had become a zombie, but frankly had suspected her to be dead for some time now. As for the "objectification" I think you don't understand the significance of the chicken being portrayed as a non-feeling "object" that can have its legs snapped for any reason a person sees fit. It sends a message that animals are not sentient entities deserving of compassionate treatment. You can eat them, but to have no regard for their suffering, that is what I find objectionable. Objectification, whether done to a person (women for example) or an animal, serves a social purpose. You can choose to absorb these messages without considering what or who wants you to view life this way, or you can think about it. How does the depiction of chickens as objects serve a social goal? Obviously, our consumerist culture (which some say zombies are a metaphor for) has an interest in us being desensitized and disconnected from where our food comes from, theres that, and I bet folks on this board can think of some other motives. And its not a chicken "hobbling" scene, its a scene of violence, and its deliberate. You could "hobble" chickens for the zombies by tying their legs together. The filmmakers chose to hobble the chickens with violence and pain. The question is why and how is it significant?

Quote:
Oooooooo, I so called that!
ep.gif

Wait wasnt it rick who show sophia at the end i was half asleep by the ending not cause i was bored just tired. Although this season has taken quite a slow pace. I havent read the comics but my bet is they meet up with a evil side outside of the zombies next season maybe some drug dealers or looters something to bring the show back up on pace. Lets not forget merle im still waiting for his return no way is he a zombie.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oooooooo, I so called that!
ep.gif

Yes!! You TOTALLY called that!!!!!!! I told my husband about your comment the other night when we watched the new episode. Good on you for getting it -- I was watching closely to see if you were correct. I really liked this last season a lot.

Ok we watched the episode yesterday afternoon.I watched it in the am while the kids were in school. Have to say we were all emotional on this one.Tissue box time when Sophia showed up. Looking forward to 2-12-12!!!!

I told dd that Shane was gonna freak in this last episode.I thought he would kill Hershel or Dale. Now I don't like Shane,but somewhat agree with the barn scene.

Back
Top Bottom