Occupations????

I'm the caretaker of my family and home
big_smile.png

I love reading about everyone's varied interests.
What do I do? Lotsa stuff!
I'm a chicken farmer. I homeschool my teen who has Aspergers. I teach college part-time. I am finishing a PhD. I manage our family's commercial property. I do consulting for non-profits. Did I mention: I'm a chicken farmer(!) ??????
tongue.png

Quote:
I'll bet people try to stay on your good side
gig.gif

My sicko DH's favorite line is "Drop over and see us sometime!"
roll.png

Can we ask some really gross questions that we rarely get to ask?

Maybe we could start a thread in the hobby section just for our morbid questions for you??

I went to school for 10 yrs with a girl whose family owned a mortuary. Her father wouldn't tell us real answers we wanted to know.

Quote:
I am writing a fantasy fiction novel also ....joined NaNoWriMo to push me a lil. I'm probably not going to finish it this month but it's getting there. I also have some children's stories...nothing published....someday. I also attend a local university part-time. I sell real estate (not so much since market crashed - not for a lack of trying) and I am professionally trained cook. But really my number one job is mom...pet caretaker...maid...and I love it!!! It would be nice to publish something.
big_smile.png

Right now I am staying home and running a daycare out of my home. I taught school for 5 years prior and probably going back in the next year or two.

Have had a series of jobs along the way, but currently I own a small vendor/website business. We go to dog shows, primarily, and sell t-shirts and other doggy related items to the attendees.

I've also worked for the American Kennel Club as a field inspector, insurance agent for AFLAC (yep the duck), office manager/bookkeeper for dentist, payroll clerk for construction company, dog groomer, and small clothing manufacturer (tailcoats for chimneysweeps .. in 80's, too small a market).

We have a small farm that we have recently started focusing on for more of a capital return.

Back
Top Bottom