Oct 18th Farmville Virginia Swap Meet

Will anyone have any Faverolles--?I am really looking for these birds. If not-any suggestions? Thanks!
smile.png

Quote:
The cochin chicks I have are red, buff laced, blue and I think a black. I will be bringing 2 cuckoo Marans pullets that should be laying any time now.

Oooooh I want a Maran pullet - I look forward to meeting with you and buying one! I think I'll need to pick your brain from your loads of experience too, since I am so new to chickens. I'm sooo excited!!

I've never been to the Farmville Swap Meet, is it big, or relatively small, like in a small parking lot? I went to the Powhatan High Flea Market and had a great time - is it about the size of that?

Do you want me to hold a pullet for you? They are $15 each.
The parking lot at Tractor Supply in Farmville is HUGE. Last time we set up at the front entrance and there were about 15 -20 sellers.

There's been a lot of interest for it this time. Last time was the first one we'd done there so fingers crossed it will start growing even bigger.

as a follow up.....do you suggest getting there right at 8 am( for best selection?) and again, if anyone will keep in mind I am looking for Faverolles------will do a deposit! Thanks!

It's always good to get their early but there's also a chance some sellers depending on distance may arrive a little late.

I can tell you that I arrived to sell last time at 8am on the button and before I could even unpack people were buying birds right out of the back of my truck.

yes it is really a good idea to come early as a lot of the deals go early. I am in cumberland just north of farmville! I always have birds for sale and surprised you havent seen any of my adds. Sharons birds are gorgeous by the way so anyone who gets them are lucky!

Brandon

Quote:
Yeah I can agree with that. We bought 8 chicks from Sharon a week ago and all are growing up healthy and full of energy!!

Back
Top Bottom