Octagon coop and garden. Need your help!

Quote:
Isn't it?! I want one just because it's so interesting to look at but it occurs to me that not having any "normal" walls would make installing nest boxes a bit more challenging... not to mention attaching a run. And where, oh where does the human door go?

We have them and they send instructions and show options for door placement and shape.

Do you have a picture of your setup?

I know exactly what you're talking about, but can't find links. It's a permaculture technique. I probably read about it/saw a video on either permies.com or the permaculture magazine website. It seems to me that it comes out of Australian permaculture practice.

I can't see how I could utilize it, since our growing season is so short, but I'd love to hear about anyone's experience with it.

I remember seeing an Octogon coop on here as well... but alas, I can't find it either... It was cool.. had a spot for feed in the middle. had four or five pens with runs that ran out like spokes on a wheel.

I know what you're talking about, its a large octagon chicken coop. The lady had each section as a pen for each breed, that opened to fenced run behind each section. And in the center she had her brooding section. It's awesome. I used to have it saved as a favorite on my old hard drive. I've looked for it since my computer crashed and never could find it again.

Beautiful concept and design. The aussie design is a bit more than most of us will do, but very nice!!!

henry

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom