October egg swap---sign-ups closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I want everybody to feel that they can join and that the eggs will be sent. This is why a deadline is set.

Please make sure that you are ready for eggs when you join this swap. It is no fun when we have to wait for incubator's to get empty.

There have been problems in the past with people not receiving, or not informing 'us' that they have received, their eggs. Please people, make sure you post here when you receive your eggs!!

There were a few problems with last month's swap, but for the most part, everything went well.

Unfortunately, some people didn't hold up their end of the deal, so they won't be able to participate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer
This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.
The BYC Staff is sensitive because some past swaps have not worked out. We want our members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers not following through on their commitments in the past.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rules
So big rule #1 If you have mutts you will probably only get mutts
#2 You can NOT pick a certain breed
#3 All swappers must be signed up by October 10th
#4 the eggs have to be in the mail on or before the 26th
#5 YOU MUST ACQUIRE A DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER, AND SEND IT TO ME WHEN YOU SEND YOUR EGGS
#6 Everyone will be required to send 6 eggs (you're welcome to send more)
#7 Please package the eggs carefully. Individually wrapped and secured so they have the best chance of surviving the trip.
#8 Due to previous problems, only active members of the BYC community are eligible to participate at my discretion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will reply to e-mails to let you know I received it. Write again if you don't hear from me w/in 24 hrs. Please send me an email with the following information:

BYC Name
Real Name
Address
Phone #
Have (LF pure, bantam pure, ducks, guineas, quail, etc. NO SPECIFICS PLEASE)
Want (LF pure, bantam pure, ducks, guineas, quail, etc. NO SPECIFICS PLEASE)

Please choose from the following categories:

Large Fowl Pure
Large Fowl Mix
Bantam Pure
Bantam Mix
Waterfowl
Other
*Anything (Only available as a "want" selection.)

1. Do not post what you want or have on this thread.
2. Do not send me a PM with your info.

To be entered in this swap, please post only that you want to enter this months swap, and send an email to

[email protected]
with the listed information. Thanks!

Be sure to send me an email with tracking info when you send your eggs!!

Have fun!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
think I'm going to sign up but am going to wait a few days to see if the new pair of bantams we bought are going to start up again soon so I will have purebred to swap instead of just mixes..

Quote:
You could always buy eggs to swap with. There are plenty of people that sell 6-12+ bantam eggs for $15 shipped. Most of them are breeds I don't have, and don't want to start new ones. So I bought eggs I didn't want, to hopefully get eggs I did!! But I was the last one to get matched up last month, luckily it worked out. I got BR, EE, and Speckled Sussex (hint, hint)
wink.png

Quote:
You could always buy eggs to swap with. There are plenty of people that sell 6-12+ bantam eggs for $15 shipped. Most of them are breeds I don't have, and don't want to start new ones. So I bought eggs I didn't want, to hopefully get eggs I did!! But I was the last one to get matched up last month, luckily it worked out. I got BR, EE, and Speckled Sussex (hint, hint)
wink.png

hmmm, well now you've got me thinking....may end up doing that.
hmm.png
I had forgotten some did that last time.

If I were to buy or send pure breed of either LF or bantam, can you request the opposite? For instance, could I offer LF and request bantam?

That's fine, that was my (almost) dilemma last month, everyone had LF and wanted bantams!
gig.gif
I would have preferred bantams, but dad is a big bird person, so it's all good.

I'm in...have 3 incubators just sitting there, moaning about loneliness and how I neglect them...

Wheee!
ya.gif

Of course there are 3 that are full....

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Laurie, I didn't get your email? I still have your addy, but the email makes it 'official'
smile.png
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom