October Themed quilt block of the the Month 2009 *sign up CLOSED*

Zookeeper9000

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Gladstone MI
*Coordinator: Acre of Blessings/ Zookeeper9000

I know, I know, all we need is another swap that has to do with sewing. But wait.... this one is more for the ones that want to put together an entire quilt in the end. So, sit back, read the rules and then make your decision about signing up.

This swap will run just like the monthly block swap BUT, there will be a certain pattern that is to be used for the month and we all do the same pattern. I will take suggestions on patterns.

example: the featured block may be the ...... spiderweb star pattern. We will all do the Spiderweb Star and then send it to the person who's name appears below ours. It's easy!!!

I promise not to pick complicated blocks, this is why I will take suggestions from all who sign up. So get those names in!!!!!!!

All the rules will be the same as to not to confuse anyone.

I will start at the beginners level and we all will work our way up to the intermediate level, together.

Please pay close attention to the statements in BOLD colored lettering.

Here is how it will work:
*Each person will make up one quilt block to send to one other person in the group. Each person will receive one quilt block.

*Each person can chose the color (or two) of blocks they would like to receive. All Blocks will be 12 inches (finished) unless otherwise requested and noted.

*Fabrics must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to avoid shrinkage.

*You must be 18 yrs. old or older to participate in this swap.

*You must PM me your addy by the 10th of the month (unless I already have it) I will pass out addy on the 11th of the month.

ADDED:
* Completed blocks must be mailed out by the 25th of the month.

I will update this first post each month. You will need to sign up by the 10th of September to be in the swap...no exceptions.

Feel free to chat and/or swap fabric pieces as needed on this thread. Blocks and fabric pieces can easily be wrapped in saran wrap and popped into an envelope making postage not too big of an issue. Please contact me to make any changes in color, size or if you want to drop out or join up.

You can drop out and join at any point along the way, but you MUST send out the block(s) that you committed to after the 10th of the month. I will try to make an extra block or two in case we have some failures, anyone else who would like to do the same please do, and let me know. Thank you!!

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap and that people should only swap if they are comfortable knowing they might not get a block in return. (Mail or failure on the part of one person to send one) I will do my best to make sure that doesn’t happen. Please PM Acre if there are any failures.

Featured block for the month of October will be:::::

http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AntiqueTileBlock.html

Zookeeper9000
babymakes5- blues, Purples, greens, yellows, no PINK please
Banana's- Fall colors please
goldenluver- all pink or all blue florals please
CedarRidgeChicks- no gothic please
Nanakat- Fall colors please
Leepsy- Fall or Christmas please
CedarRidgeChicks- no gothic please
goldenluver- all pink or all blue florals please
Lunachick-
Goldenluver- all pink or all blue florals please

Last edited:
I want in again!
wee.gif

Golden thanks for the PM I did forget Banana's name in the main list had her on my list but forgot the main list

Nana got you added.

Golden thanks again and sorry Banana's but it's fixed now.

Back
Top Bottom