Odd behavior question

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lisadme, Apr 3, 2017.

1. lisadme

lisadme Just Hatched

Apr 3, 2017
    [​IMG]Hello all. I've been researching all over and can't find anything like what one of my girls has been doing recently. I'm worried for her, but she's still eating, drinking, and walking fine. Every once in a while though it's like she just can't do it anymore and flaps her wings then rests on them like a tripod. Her bill even goes down to the ground sometimes as well. I've looked her over very well and she seems okay otherwise. Any ideas? I have a video as well but can't figure out how to upload that.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    [​IMG]

I don't have any answers for you, but do have some questions that others would ask. I'll also "tag" some other members that may have some input for you.

How old is she?
    Is she pooping normally?
    What have the temperatures been?
    Does she have access to shade & water at all times (other than bed time?)

Tags are below. These users will get emails alerting them that they've been tagged in a specific thread.

@Miss Lydia
    @BantyChooks
    @Amiga
    @pattyhen

3. diamandhorse

diamandhorse New Egg

Apr 7, 2016
    I know what might be wrong with your duck. One of my male ducks have done the same thing and I asked a vet and she said that there was something wrong with its leg. She said that he does it b/c it holds him up so he doesn't have all that weight on his legs. I hoped this help a little bit. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by