Odd behavior

Mylittlefarm120

Hatching
Jul 16, 2021
Hello,

I have a almost 1 year old chicken who is not laying eggs I rescued her and she is holding her poop all night long and waits until the morning to go. I’m not sure what is going on with her and I need some help!

I've had a few that do that. They either wait till they are just getting off the roost or as soon as they hit the run area. A big one too right, almost as an egg.
I found that when they start to do that they are going to lay soon

Thats one sign of being broody, meaning your hen wants to sit on (fertile) eggs until the chicks hatch.

So if you want her to hatch chicks, get some fertile eggs to put under her, and after about 21 days the chicks should appear.
And welcome to BYC @Mylittlefarm120 :frow

Do you think she is hiding eggs? Also I have the poop thing happening too. My little old lady poops in one corner only. I love that she dose that. Also she her make a growling noise when you go to pet her or pick her up?

Do you think she is hiding eggs? Also I have the poop thing happening too. My little old lady poops in one corner only. I love that she dose that. Also she her make a growling noise when you go to pet her or pick her up?
She doesn’t let me pick her up she is a rescue bird. She won’t lay me an egg she just poops in the morning when she wakes up

I've had a few that do that. They either wait till they are just getting off the roost or as soon as they hit the run area. A big one too right, almost as an egg.
I found that when they start to do that they are going to lay soon
Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one! I was like ummm what is going on!!

Hello,

I have a almost 1 year old chicken who is not laying eggs I rescued her and she is holding her poop all night long and waits until the morning to go. I’m not sure what is going on with her and I need some help!
How long have you had her, and where are you housing her?

I had a bird that would wait to poop until I opened the pop door in the morning.
She was the first out the door and wold drop a huge one in the run.
She was not broody.

Back
Top Bottom