OEG bantam breeders?

mountaintopchicken

Songster
12 Years
May 23, 2007
Who are the really good breeders who are contactable to get stock from? I am especially interested in crele. I went to the OEG club website hoping to find a breeders directory like the Ameraucana club has, but couldn't find any. I would love some leads.

Hmmmm, depends upon what variety you want and where you are located. But you can always head over to the OEGB club website at oegclub.com. They have classifieds and a list of the officers. Contact a district director close to you and he or she will steer you in the right direction. Join the OEGBC of America. They produce an annual that has advertisements and lists of the breeders in each variety. But that's only if you are REALLY interested in getting some solid show quality stock and are willing to become "a student of the breed." Otherwise buy hatchery OE Games and enjoy them in your chicken yard. Ideal Hatchery has a huge list of OE Games.

I'm a "used to" guy. Used to breed black, white, red pyle, and Silver DW OEGBs. Now I just have a few hatchery birds running with my egg laying flock.

Thank you, I'll try the district person next. I will have to join the club too. If the classifieds online are you are talking about is the same as the one I found, there wasn't much on it (as I recall, I last looked I think a couple weeks ago), but I'll look again. I really do want good quality, I want to breed them and I think it would be a good little breed for my daughter to start showing with if she wants to do that. If she doesn't want to show, I still think it would be a great breed for her to get involved in as they are more to her scale. BTW it was crele that I was most interested in.

You are welcome. Excellent. Yes, there are two adverts in the classified, but you need to follow the forum posts, too. The Creles are a beautiful variety. I had five good pairs in the mid-'90s. Good luck in your search. I'm sure your daughter will love this breed.

Back
Top Bottom