Oegb and silkie cross?

Does anyone have any pictures I think it would be cute
smile.png
well the cuteness of the silkie feathering would be gone.

depending on the type of cross(Silkie male over OEG hen, or OEG male over a Silkie Hen).

a Male silkie over a OEG hen would give you Black skined pullets and white skined males, they would be sex links, you would be able to tell them apart at hatch..

a Male OEG over a silkie hen would not give you sex links, all of them would have white skin

I don't have a pic on my phone but I ended up with a smooth silkie with a black poofy head partridge feathers and a giant ( bigger than my silkies) bbred, smooth, 5 toes stubby tail. Two white silkie, slightly smaller than mom. Not something I would do again. Silkie mom's, bbred dad

I don't have a pic on my phone but I ended up with a smooth silkie with a black poofy head partridge feathers and a giant ( bigger than my silkies) bbred, smooth, 5 toes stubby tail. Two white silkie, slightly smaller than mom. Not something I would do again. Silkie mom's, bbred dad
Silkies had black skin.

Giant bbred roo, smooth hen, not sure of silkies, they wet rehomed but nest guess pullets.

a Male silkie over a OEG hen would give you Black skined pullets and white skined males, they would be sex links, you would be able to tell them apart at hatch..

a Male OEG over a silkie hen would not give you sex links, all of them would have white skin

Hi @nicalandia,

I just stumbled on to this, and I’m curious about it, I have never read that there was sex linking involved with the dark skin gene(s).

Can you clarify this or explain it a bit further?
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom