Weldon farms

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 13, 2014
Milner, GA

1. [*]
    [*]
    [*]
I have 9 or so pairs of oegb. I wanted to know what all I can breed to get different varieties of oegb. I don't speak genetics, so please don't put them. I am just looking for simple directions to breed them. Here are the breeds I have: opal roo, opal hen, ginger red roo, ginger red hen, bb red hen, black hen, black roo, black tailed buff hen, buff hen, buff roo, golden duckwing roo, silver duckwing hen, silver duckwing roo, and I also have a bb red serama roo, and a black serama hen. One of my friends also has a pair of blue brassy backs. Please list all possible varieties I can get, and how to make them

Welcome to BYC. I don't think there are any simple steps to breeding different colors. For instance breeding a white to a black will not produce gray. You have to know what colors went into the background of your breeding birds that produced the colors you have now. Without knowing what is dominant and what is recessive, you are just shuffling cards in the dark. Maybe you could post on the game bird threads and follow information from someone who has already made some of the crosses you are interested in.

Welcome to BYC! Oegb's are such pretty birds, hope you find the info you're looking for. Good luck!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

I would post in the Genetics section that Kelsie linked to. I don't know much about genetics, but do know that in general, you should breed only birds of the same variety together. Breeding, for example, a Black Old English Game to a Black Breasted Red would give you a mixed variety that wouldn't resemble any recognized color. To produce pure colors, you need to breed only pure colors together.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I know nothing about breed genetics! Good luck and welcome to the flock!

Back
Top Bottom