OEGB what crosses create what color varieties????

Rclark7689

Hatching
Dec 20, 2020
Currently have a brown red pair, pearl trio, silver dw roo, lemon blue hen, spangled pair, and quail roo. My question is with those birds specifically because I know there's 30 plus varieties. As well as what crosses do thos birds derive from.

Most of the time crossing them together won’t produce any of the many varieties. Brown red is very dominant, but crossing the hen with the silver dw will give you silver birchen pullets and “golden birchen” cockerels. Lemon blue is compatible with brown red.
Quail plus spangled will give you something like red quail.
Silver duckwing plus spangled gives you red silver duckwing (with enhanced red) and golden duckwing cockerels.
I’d recommend that if you want to know, just breed them together.

Most of the time crossing them together won’t produce any of the many varieties. Brown red is very dominant, but crossing the hen with the silver dw will give you silver birchen pullets and “golden birchen” cockerels. Lemon blue is compatible with brown red.
Silver duckwing plus spangled gives you red silver duckwing (with enhanced red) and golden duckwing cockerels.
Thank you for the ensight! Picked up some more dw the other day so now we have an extra silver roo, 2 blue golden boys, a blue golden hen, a blue red hen and 2 blue red sport hens. Excited to see them get back laying so we can play around!

Whats your definition of spangled?

Whats your definition of spangled?
1626555047312.jpeg

From Google. The really dark red brown color.
I don’t know why you need to know but there you go.

Back
Top Bottom