Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Pics
(Here's neoma's part, i'm replying to this part but this is going to be everything she's done over the span of the battle. It's just easier to reply to one part rather than... like.... FIFTY hahahahaha)

Neoma snarled, lunging at the nearest dragon. Her small frame allowed her to slip past his reaching talons and fasten her teeth in his wing-bone, ripping as hard as she could. She was rewarded with a blood-curdling scream. She flung herself backwards, skidding on the loose sand. Neoma jumped up in the air and gave a flap of her wings quickly, avoiding another dragon that ran at her. She dove back down, landing on his back and hearing a snap as she pressed her weight down on his base tail joint.
While still standing on his back, she whirled around and whammed her tail into his skull. He stopped wriggling and slumped to the ground, unconscious.
Neoma panted for a half second, and whipped her head around, but wasn't quick enough to see a Nightwing that had just flown by and exhaled a stream of fire at her tail. She screeched in fury and pain as it singed her tail tip.
"OH YOU DIDN'T!!" Neoma howled, and brought out her warping. It formed into her blade, and she leapt into the air, winging after the Nightwing that was flapping in a circle, preparing to dive down at her companions.
She growled loudly, and the Nightwing's head snapped up. His eyes widened as he saw Neoma charging at him.
The feeling of rage that Neoma seemed to always have simmering in her belly exploded, with the pain of her burnt tail setting off a long-dead fuse.
She drove the dragon towards the ground, shoving him beneath her. They hit the sand, and Neoma dug her claws into his scales to keep from being thrown off. Blood oozed from beneath her talons, and the Nightwing screamed.
But Neoma was deaf to him.
Maybe she was blind.
Either way, she lost control.
Her blade raised high in the air, and she roared angrily.
Her blade zipped down.
At the last second, Neoma knew she should stop.
The dragon beneath her was stopped. He couldn't move because he was trapped....
But she didn't. Without hesitation, the blade sank into his neck, and he gurgled. Blood bubbled around the deep wound in his neck, and he coughed.
He coughed once.
Neoma stood over him, watching him convulse in his last seconds. Her sides moved fast as she panted, and her teeth were stained red form the Nightwing she had bitten earlier. She had hurt one, knocked another out....
And now killed one.
The feeling of numb fury began to subside, and she stared at the dead dragon beneath her claws. She had just killed him.

Now what was the difference between her and Milza?

She stumbled backwards, and a ringing started in her ears.
But behind the ringing, there were roars. Screams. Sounds of fear and pain. And it was coming from behind her.
Neoma and the Nightwing had tumbled a ways away from the main fight, and she had been standing over him- well, she didn't know how long. But as she turned and looked, there was so much going on she couldn't see it all. But one thing she saw was the human protecting Eclipse. And Eclipse protecting-
Well, wait- they were all protecting each other.
Neoma shook herself. A stray tear tried sliding down her nose and her breath caught in her throat. It took everything in her to not sob. But if they were going to survive, she was going to have to keep going.
She glanced behind her and felt vomit rise inside. His eyes were open and his neck was at an impossible angle, as she had twisted it when stumbling away. Blood spilled from various gashes on his body, and odd twitches still occurred here and there.
Neoma bit her own tongue hard enough to taste blood, and it woke her from her daze. She turned and pushed it to the back of her mind momentarily, allowing herself to leap back into action. A stray Nightwing began to dive at Helios, who was surrounding another in fire. Oh. The leader.
Neoma grunted as yet again, she made contact with another flying dragon. As they tumbled to the ground, she could see Helios still had the leader trapped. She landed on this Nightwing and looked down-
Directly into his eyes.
Neoma's warping hovered beside her in blade form, and she froze. Only a few moments ago had this same picture been painted.
Suddenly, while she hesitated, the dragon underneath her lunged upwards, taking her neck in his teeth. She screamed and tried to twist away. But he was strong. He flipped her over, and let go briefly.
His right talon raised into the air, and he began to swipe down towards her throat. And then he stopped.
They stared at each other.
And he seemed to have the same guilt Neoma felt.
His head began to shake. His eyes welled up.
His grip loosened.
Neoma stared in horror and... something else she didn't know she would feel...
Disappointment.
"Please.... please just do it." She whispered desperately, not even knowing if he heard her.
"....No...." he responded lowly.
"Please..." Neoma choked out behind tears. "PLEASE!" She screeched. "I killed one of your own. I don't- I don't want to-" She couldn't breathe from panic and stopped, hyperventilating.
A sob rose in her throat as he stared at her with widening eyes, and then he closed them and let out a huge breath.
"No." He muttered. "This is sick."
He did the last thing Neoma expected. He let go. He flapped his wings and rose into the air.
And he flew towards the trees, leaving them behind.
Neoma stared out of the corner of her eyes, tears streaming like water.
She closed her eyes now and laid there. She didn't care if she was killed.
She waited, listening to the battle sounds.
Eclipse snarled and tried to twist around to claw at the dragon lifting her into the air. She could see the battle more clearly now. Helios was still fighting well, but Sunspot was losing her ground. Eclipse couldn't see the human anymore, and further away, a lone Nightwing was flying full tilt toward the north leaving Neoma lying unmoving in the sand.
There were Nigthwings everywhere. More than there were when the battle began. Only a few were actually dead on the ground, some with warping lodged through their chests or necks. There were quite a few with injured wings who attacked from the ground, circling and lashing out at Sunspot and Helios. More than half the flock was still airborne, and several of them were still untouched. Eclipse felt her heart sink. The Nightwing above her gave a raspy laugh, and she recognized his voice immediately, trying again to twist up and claw at the leader.
"Tick tock," he sneered, tightening his grip on her wings. She felt his claws dig into her injured shoulder and she suppressed a yelp of pain. "It's only a matter of time before your friends fall. I've foreseen it--you'll all wind up in The Den eventually."
Eclipse felt a chill run down her spine. She never considered that the Nightwing she'd been hunting might have one or both of the ancient powers from their tribe. She wondered for a moment if that was why he hadn't come back for Sunspot the day before. Would Eclipse have been able to kill him if he had? Had he seen a future where she finally finished him by going back for the vulnerable Solarwing? Or was he bluffing? Was this some sort of ploy to try and discourage her? To make her give up?
She slit her eyes, giving a massive jerk despite the dizzying pain in her shoulder, and twisted around, catching onto his forearm with one of her iron-tipped claws. The next moment happened so fast. He shriek, and using the moment, Eclipse yanked one wing free and caught his shoulder with her other claw, propelling herself upward. She scrabbled at the Nightwing's burned scales as he floundered in the air, clambering over his shoulder and digging in her claws as if he were an unsteady tree. The Nightwing was nearly twice her size and it was easy to get a grip on his back as he twisted, trying to claw at her. She reached around for her dagger, rage pulsing through her veins like a fire. With a burst of adrenaline and strength, she ripped the blade from its sheath, hearing the leather tear.
"At least you won't be there with us," she snarled.
And plunged the dagger into his throat.
The Nightwing gave one last strangled roar and bucked beneath her. Eclipse felt herself catch air for a moment and then the hunter fell sideways, dropping from the sky. Eclipse pushed herself away from him, instinctively spreading her wings to slow her fall. The hole in her left wing tore further and pain shot through her right shoulder as the air snagged them. Her vision darkened, and she pulled her wings in close before subconsciously opening them as she began to fall faster. The descent to the ground was uneven and Eclipse could barely even control what her wings were doing. Opening in a panic to slow her fall, snapping back in from the pain. Finally, she slammed into the sand, tumbling and sliding over the warm grains. She opened her eyes once to look back at the battle raging around her. Darkness seeped in from the edges of her vision and she fell limp against the sand as her mind slid into unconsciousness.

Eclipse snarled and tried to twist around to claw at the dragon lifting her into the air. She could see the battle more clearly now. Helios was still fighting well, but Sunspot was losing her ground. Eclipse couldn't see the human anymore, and further away, a lone Nightwing was flying full tilt toward the north leaving Neoma lying unmoving in the sand.
There were Nigthwings everywhere. More than there were when the battle began. Only a few were actually dead on the ground, some with warping lodged through their chests or necks. There were quite a few with injured wings who attacked from the ground, circling and lashing out at Sunspot and Helios. More than half the flock was still airborne, and several of them were still untouched. Eclipse felt her heart sink. The Nightwing above her gave a raspy laugh, and she recognized his voice immediately, trying again to twist up and claw at the leader.
"Tick tock," he sneered, tightening his grip on her wings. She felt his claws dig into her injured shoulder and she suppressed a yelp of pain. "It's only a matter of time before your friends fall. I've foreseen it--you'll all wind up in The Den eventually."
Eclipse felt a chill run down her spine. She never considered that the Nightwing she'd been hunting might have one or both of the ancient powers from their tribe. She wondered for a moment if that was why he hadn't come back for Sunspot the day before. Would Eclipse have been able to kill him if he had? Had he seen a future where she finally finished him by going back for the vulnerable Solarwing? Or was he bluffing? Was this some sort of ploy to try and discourage her? To make her give up?
She slit her eyes, giving a massive jerk despite the dizzying pain in her shoulder, and twisted around, catching onto his forearm with one of her iron-tipped claws. The next moment happened so fast. He shriek, and using the moment, Eclipse yanked one wing free and caught his shoulder with her other claw, propelling herself upward. She scrabbled at the Nightwing's burned scales as he floundered in the air, clambering over his shoulder and digging in her claws as if he were an unsteady tree. The Nightwing was nearly twice her size and it was easy to get a grip on his back as he twisted, trying to claw at her. She reached around for her dagger, rage pulsing through her veins like a fire. With a burst of adrenaline and strength, she ripped the blade from its sheath, hearing the leather tear.
The Nightwing gave one last strangled roar and bucked beneath her. Eclipse felt herself catch air for a moment and then the hunter fell sideways, dropping from the sky. Eclipse pushed herself away from him, instinctively spreading her wings to slow her fall. The hole in her left wing tore further and pain shot through her right shoulder as the air snagged them. Her vision darkened, and she pulled her wings in close before subconsciously opening them as she began to fall faster. The descent to the ground was uneven and Eclipse could barely even control what her wings were doing. Opening in a panic to slow her fall, snapping back in from the pain. Finally, she slammed into the sand, tumbling and sliding over the warm grains. She opened her eyes once to look back at the battle raging around her. Darkness seeped in from the edges of her vision and she fell limp against the sand as her mind slid into unconsciousness.
Dude, I'm so dead from writing. I'll be back in a few hours lol

Name: Roe Gongll
Physical Appearance: Thick, wavy, light brown hair, with braids scattered throughout, dyed the ends purple and red; Light brown eyes;
Personality: Carefree and sarcastic, but has a serious, caring side to her. To be RPed.
Backstory: Was raised in the suburbs of the Scorpion Den, eventually buying a lot in the Den and beginning to breed purebred RainWings, bred specifically for fighting. She is good friends with August.
She loves her dragons and has a fantastic clientele since she handles her dragonets daily, teaching them to speak English- which is a full-time job. Most of her breeding stock has been born in the SD.

Tobias bit his lip, trying to suppress a smile. He glanced around, warily.
"K. Okay, fine. But listen, those," he pointed to a pair of sports cars in the far corner, "cannot be broken, and that trailer doesn't belong to me. Just loaning storage." Tobias waited, trying to push away his unease. "An hour- at most. I'll be back soon. Don't, like... Gosh, dude, don't break anything.. please."
Tobias made his way to the door, still watching Shrike.

(Sorry, Matty, I go distracted multiple times while writing this 🤦‍♀️)
Kapok let out a loud huff to get the human's attention, staring at him with wide eyes, and stuck his snout through the bars again.

literally just decided Eclipse couldn't take any more. But I had to at least have her do something to like, shift the plot a little. It's up to the rest of the group now if you guys wanna make them win or lose.
@Crestcrazy2 @-Kiwi- @Harmonylight @Yukiko

"K. Okay, fine. But listen, those," he pointed to a pair of sports cars in the far corner, "cannot be broken, and that trailer doesn't belong to me. Just loaning storage." Tobias waited, trying to push away his unease. "An hour- at most. I'll be back soon. Don't, like... Gosh, dude, don't break anything.. please."

*Shrike immediately jumps in the vehicle, singing “Jump in the Cadillac” as loud as he can.*

“Course not!” Shrike said in a mildly offended tone as he hopped down. “Now go on, go do your chores like a good little Human.” He lifted his brow, watching Tobias.

(The dragons have CARS?)

“Course not!” Shrike said in a mildly offended tone as he hopped down. “Now go on, go do your chores like a good little Human.” He lifted his brow, watching Tobias.
The lot was inescapable- or at least it should be. Tobias got the feeling that the cunning CloudWing would find a way out. But in order to do that, he'd need a key, which Tobias was taking with him, and he'd have to know the pin lock as well.
Tobias ran a hand through his hair again, grabbing his black gambler hat off of one of the many freezers and placing it on his head.
"Oh, ohh," he swung around quickly to face Shrike, "that is walk in freezer over there," Tobias motioned to the large door behind the pair of sports cars, "not an exit."
He gave the CloudWing a quick nod, then saluted Kapok.
Tobias quickly put the code in, fiddling with his key ring uneasily as the door opened. He gave the dragons one last wave, then the door hissed shut.
Four feet of steel behind that door. Four feet.
Shrike really couldn't escape- Sol had spent countless nights in here, even when he was first brought into the Scorpion Den- a young unpredictable, dangerous mess- and never escaped.
Then why did he feel like.. like Shrike would most definitely be gone upon his return?
"Goll, darnit, everything's fine." Tobias muttered, stamping his boot, then spinning a full circle round and starting down the hallway.

@Crestcrazy2
The lot was inescapable- or at least it should be. Tobias got the feeling that the cunning CloudWing would find a way out. But in order to do that, he'd need a key, which Tobias was taking with him, and he'd have to know the pin lock as well.
Tobias ran a hand through his hair again, grabbing his black gambler hat off of one of the many freezers and placing it on his head.
"Oh, ohh," he swung around quickly to face Shrike, "that is walk in freezer over there," Tobias motioned to the large door behind the pair of sports cars, "not an exit."
He gave the CloudWing a quick nod, then saluted Kapok.
Tobias quickly put the code in, fiddling with his key ring uneasily as the door opened. He gave the dragons one last wave, then the door hissed shut.
Four feet of steel behind that door. Four feet.
Shrike really couldn't escape- Sol had spent countless nights in here, even when he was first brought into the Scorpion Den- a young unpredictable, dangerous mess- and never escaped.
Then why did he feel like.. like Shrike would most definitely be gone upon his return?
"Goll, darnit, everything's fine." Tobias muttered, stamping his boot, then spinning a full circle round and starting down the hallway.
Shrike stood in the middle of the room for a brief second before smirking at the heavy door Tobias had left out of. “Well that was stupid of him.” He said triumphantly, walking past Dred and Kapok’s cage to the vehicles. “Too bad he didn’t you out, huh?” He said, talking to the LeafWing. “Now obviously he didn’t want me to touch these.. big pieces of probably expensive metal, so that means I’m gonna have to do it anyway, right?”
The CloudWing leapt on top of the hood of the first car, which recoiled under the dragon’s weight.

Back
Top Bottom