Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Kapok shrugged, sitting up and glancing around the transport. He turned his gaze back toward Shrike, fixing the Cloudwing with another questioning look.

@Blue Raptor
@Crestcrazy2 (is Helios on this transport?)
Shrike lifted an eyebrow at the LeafWing at his look. “What?” He questioned, not knowing what the dragon wanted to know, “y’know I don’t know where anyone else is except that MudWing.”

(actually Matty, there 105 transports :D )
Hol-y COW.
4A03C38D-F7DC-4B98-A72B-E7F51A6AC9ED.jpeg

I agree to uphold the rules. //

Name: Lotus
Tribe: Silkwing
Physical appearance: A small dragon, smaller than most. The colors of a Madagascar Sunset Moth, with light yellow eyes. Long elegant horns.
Personality: Quiet and reserved, watchful. Only helps for something in return.
Backstory: (Optional) Unknown so far.
Added to the archives! :D
Feel free to read them for WoF info and everyone’s character forms!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/of-feathers-and-flames-wof-au-archives.78511/

Shard blinked up at the Seawing, sucking in a quick breath to fight back a rising sob. "I'm sorry," she squeaked, then turned and scrambled across the transport toward Eclipse, plunging beneath the silver dragoness's wing again.

Eclipse jerked awake as a small twinge shot through her shoulder and her head lifted quickly off the ground. Shard buried her head into the Lunarwing's chest, her breath racked with sobs, and Eclipse felt icy tears smeared onto her scales.
"Stars above," she breathed, shifting so that she could readjust the dragonet and duck her head to the Icewing's level.
"Shard, what's wrong?" Eclipse didn't know how to react. She wasn't even sure what happened, but she was pretty sure the dragonet hadn't been under her wing a moment before, guessing by the sudden tweak in her shoulder. She blinked quickly, trying to force sleep out of her eyes, her mind still dragging from the sudden awakening.

Shard felt Eclipse's talons fold over the back of her neck and her shoulders and she snuggled into the older dragon's scales, pressing her snout into the fold of her forearm.
"I want to go home," the dragonet choked between sobs, her voice barely audible. "I hate humans. I hate the Socprion Den. I want my mama to come back. I want to go home."

Eclipse blinked in shock, glancing around the transport and noticing Sol, Tobias, Crest, and the Skywing along with one of the Rainwing's all watching her and Shard. She fixed Sol with a questioning look.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Blue Raptor
@Yukiko
@-Kiwi- (idk if Shard might have woken Sunspot up)
Sol stared back for a few seconds, holding tight to the defiant glint in his eye, them dropping his gaze.
"The SeaWing made it bawl, I just... I think I started it."
"No one was offensive." Tobias interrupted. "Well. Nothing really offensive." The man gave Sol a pointed look. "I think she's tired, Eclipse. And I think there's a lot that's happened to her these past few days. Lots of changes."

@-Shade-
@Yukiko

We
Raptor grinned, her stomach twisting with both excitement and fear simultaneously.
Several minutes later, she was at a small, run-down looking house at the southernmost part of Possibility. Out of breath, she set down a large cooler and huffed for a moment before dragging it inside. The door creaked inward and swing wildly as she pushed it, and two furry talons reached out from the darkness to take the cooler from her. “I’ll get that,” the owner of the talons said agreeably, and a furred face grinned back at her as she looked up.
Raptor groaned, letting the SnowWing take the heavy item as she shook out her talons. “Ugh that’s heavy,” she complained, stepping inside and barring the door from the inside with a heavy bit of metal.
“You know you could just bring the fish here after you catch it, right?” The SnowWing said, placing the cooler in a corner. “But then it would go bad,” Raptor informed him as she dug through her bag and pulled out the piece of paper which she proceeded to throw at the SnowWing. “And you misspelled ‘Checkpoint’.” The snow dragon ducked away from the paper with a playful grin on his face. “Okay, fine. How did I spell ‘Checkpoint’ wrong? Was it the O and the I? Dang it, I knew I got those mixed up.” Raptor rolled her eyes, “yeah, that and you missed a C.”
The SnowWing laughed and there was a pause.
“So how many are there?” The hybrid asked. The snow dragon’s eyes widened, “a hundred and five transport trucks, would you believe it.” Raptor matched his expression, “wait, really?” She said doubtfully.
“Yup,” the SnowWing went on, “they’re all arriving a little after sunset.” Raptor grimaced, a talon going to her forehead, “that’s.. a lot of dragons. You’ve seen the NightWings, right?” The SnowWing nodded, “it’s gonna be hard. We might end up taking out a couple, it’s gonna be fun!” The white dragon shivered with excitement while an uneasy feeling settled in Raptor’s gut. “They musta had a SkyWing messenger sent to the NightWings here the morning or something. Ooo, this is gonna be tricky!” The SnowWing skipped into the next room, leaving an anxious Raptor.
It was late in the afternoon now, and Raptor was only getting more anxious as she brought the last cooler of frozen fish and meat to the house. The pair had decided to store the meat in the bunker since there was a lot of it.
The building had two rooms, and both were bare save a few planks of wood stacked in the corner. The entry room was smaller, and the second room was huge in comparison. A whole half of the wooden floor opened and leaned vertically against the wall behind it; the bottom plated in a light but strong metal.
“I got the last of it!” Raptor called down, and the SnowWing’s voice echoed loudly back up; “‘kay just bring it down!”
It was a solid 18-foot drop, a short ceiling for most tall adult dragons, and a steep staircase for humans reaching from the opening into the bunker. The hybrid dragoness swooped down and placed the cooler off to the side, her eyes searching the length of the bunker. It was easily four times larger than the building above.
“Winter!” Raptor called, her voice sending a massive echo off the thick cement walls.
The SnowWing raced across the length of the bunker, sliding to a halt in front of her.
Raptor snorted. “Why are you wearing that?” She laughed. Winter grinned, “don’t I just look GoWrgOUs?” He said in a squeaky voice, tossing his head and batting his eyes as he struck a ridiculous pose. Raptor laughed harder. “Oh yEs,” she teased, “you’ll win ALL the SnowWing beauty shows fore SUrE!” Winter laughed, and the blanket he’d had draped over his head fell to the floor.

Kapok stretched lazily, staring at the wall of the transport with a bored expression as the vehicle jostled and hummed quietly along its path. The large Leafwing rolled over, glancing over the other dragons on the transport half-heartedly, picking out the two he recognized.
Dred was lying a short distance away, possibly asleep, his large, grey-tinted form standing out among the bright colors of the other dragons. Shrike was much closer, but he was still awake, his expression sullen and distant.
Kapok stretched out a leaf-shaped wing and brushed it lightly against the Cloudwing's, giving him a gentle but concerned look.

@Blue Raptor
@Crestcrazy2 (can we say Helios is on this transport too with the scientist? He doesn't necessarily have to interact with Shrike, Pok, and Dred, but I am trying to jumpstart the RP a little)

(sorry Josh I must’ve missed this)

“Trading city?” Phoenix asked, joining King in the sky. The air felt good on her feathers. “Corvus likes to watch the stars,” she said thoughtfully. “Speaking of…”

AWWW NOOO POOR BABYYY
King glanced at her, then back out into the sky. Dragons had started to fly all around and shadows flitted over them every now and then. Suddenly a chill ran down his spine, his crest rose slightly and he felt as if he was being watched. He shook it off, not being able to help literally shaking himself to get the feeling away.
“Speaking of….” Phoenix began slowly.

“Yes?”

Kapok shrugged, sitting up and glancing around the transport. He turned his gaze back toward Shrike, fixing the Cloudwing with another questioning look.
@Blue Raptor
@Crestcrazy2 (is Helios on this transport?)
Yeah let’s say he is!
Sage sat watching in the trees. Continuously watching. He felt rejuvenated after that injection of the serum. His body was becoming stable once again and he relished it. The feeling of being alive. He continued to stare out over the nest. He'd seen Corvus once or twice, but he kept losing track amidst all of the hustle and bustle of the nest. He watched dragons take off and land. One pair caught his interest and he focused on them. One was blue and the other a bright orange color. A glint of light caught his eye and he slowly slipped out of the blanket of darkness from the shadows to get a better look. Deciding that no one would be able to tell what he was if he was high enough, he launched himself into the sky. The wind hitting his skin was the most blissful feeling. It was one of the only pleasant things about being the way he was. Everything else was painful and came with consequences. The ability to fly- he could live with the consequences.
Soaring above the two dragons in the air, he squinted his eyes to focus them on the dragons. The blue one was a cloudwing, but the other bright orange one was...
That can't be a cloudwing? The colors seemed to bright to be a cloudwing, but Sage dropped his height slightly and could plainly see the feathers. Interesting.
His eyes widened as he saw the figure riding along. The silver scales were like nothing he'd seen before. It can't be. He sped up and turned his direction to be perpendicular to the direction they were flying. Still higher above them, he did a flyby of the trio and his hunch was proven correct. A lunarwing?! I thought they all died. The scientist is going to love to hear this.
After the flyby, he continued his course back to the tree line as to not raise suspicion, though he was fairly certain he already had. Diving back into the trees, he felt much better covered by darkness and unseen.

@Crestcrazy2
@-Kiwi-

Shrike lifted an eyebrow at the LeafWing at his look. “What?” He questioned, not knowing what the dragon wanted to know, “y’know I don’t know where anyone else is except that MudWing.”
Dred opened his piercing light blue eyes, which seemed to glow in the darkness, but it was just a trick of the light. He lifted his head and cocked it to the side slightly. “Me? I’m still just “that Mudwing”? My name is Dred ya now.”

King glanced at her, then back out into the sky. Dragons had started to fly all around and shadows flitted over them every now and then. Suddenly a chill ran down his spine, his crest rose slightly and he felt as if he was being watched. He shook it off, not being able to help literally shaking himself to get the feeling away.
“Speaking of….” Phoenix began slowly.

“Yes?”

Yeah let’s say he is!

Dred opened his piercing light blue eyes, which seemed to glow in the darkness, but it was just a trick of the light. He lifted his head and cocked it to the side slightly. “Me? I’m still just “that Mudwing”? My name is Dred ya now.”
Shrike snorted, barely trying to conceal a smirk. “Dread?” He scoffed, “oh very intimidating thank you. I’m shaking in my scales.”

Shrike snorted, barely trying to conceal a smirk. “Dread?” He scoffed, “oh very intimidating thank you. I’m shaking in my scales.”
Dred watched from slitted eyes, not amused. “Says the cloudwing who can’t fly, what’s your name again? Ostrich?” He said with a snort, lying his head down on his talons.

Dredbog, that’s my name. I go by Dred.” He finally said, after a long moment.

Hey, @MadRoostie which part are you throwing your dragon into? I saw that you tagged Kiwi and I, but like which dragons are you with and I can try and throw one of my characters in
oofers, I threw it in to this post, watching whatever dragon this is, (Sage?)

Sage sat watching in the trees. Continuously watching. He felt rejuvenated after that injection of the serum. His body was becoming stable once again and he relished it. The feeling of being alive. He continued to stare out over the nest. He'd seen Corvus once or twice, but he kept losing track amidst all of the hustle and bustle of the nest. He watched dragons take off and land. One pair caught his interest and he focused on them. One was blue and the other a bright orange color. A glint of light caught his eye and he slowly slipped out of the blanket of darkness from the shadows to get a better look. Deciding that no one would be able to tell what he was if he was high enough, he launched himself into the sky. The wind hitting his skin was the most blissful feeling. It was one of the only pleasant things about being the way he was. Everything else was painful and came with consequences. The ability to fly- he could live with the consequences.
Soaring above the two dragons in the air, he squinted his eyes to focus them on the dragons. The blue one was a cloudwing, but the other bright orange one was...
That can't be a cloudwing? The colors seemed to bright to be a cloudwing, but Sage dropped his height slightly and could plainly see the feathers. Interesting.
His eyes widened as he saw the figure riding along. The silver scales were like nothing he'd seen before. It can't be. He sped up and turned his direction to be perpendicular to the direction they were flying. Still higher above them, he did a flyby of the trio and his hunch was proven correct. A lunarwing?! I thought they all died. The scientist is going to love to hear this.
After the flyby, he continued his course back to the tree line as to not raise suspicion, though he was fairly certain he already had. Diving back into the trees, he felt much better covered by darkness and unseen.

@Crestcrazy2
@-Kiwi-

Back
Top Bottom