Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

@-Shade-
Dred watched from slitted eyes, not amused. “Says the cloudwing who can’t fly, what’s your name again? Ostrich?” He said with a snort, lying his head down on his talons.

Dredbog, that’s my name. I go by Dred.” He finally said, after a long moment.
Shrike snarled and stood, feathers lifting in anger. “You’re asking for a claw in the face, Dred-bog,” the CloudWing spat.

@-Shade-

Shrike snarled and stood, feathers lifting in anger. “You’re asking for a claw in the face, Dred-bog,” the CloudWing spat.
“Wouldn’t be the first time.” He said while staring him down. The tattoos that swirled around his eyes and down his neck were in fact littered with scars. Most of the Den Dragons had hundreds of scars, only the best fighters had few.
“Shrike, I could squash you with one talon. Don’t test me.” He said seriously, “we’re supposed to be a team right?” He finished with a chuckle.

“Wouldn’t be the first time.” He said while staring him down. The tattoos that swirled around his eyes and down his neck were in fact littered with scars. Most of the Den Dragons had hundreds of scars, only the best fighters had few.
“Shrike, I could squash you with one talon. Don’t test me.” He said seriously, “we’re supposed to be a team right?” He finished with a chuckle.
“You crush me?” He faked-laughed loudly, “that’s cute. Some team. What are we teaming up for again? Enlighten me while I ignore you.” Shrike turned around and sat down again.

“You crush me?” He faked-laughed loudly, “that’s cute. Some team. What are we teaming up for again? Enlighten me while I ignore you.” Shrike turned around and sat down again.
The silkwing watches from afar, she seems to be curious about the loud dragons. Lotus folds in her wings and makes herself as small as possible to avoid being noticed.

The silkwing watches from afar, she seems to be curious about the loud dragons. Lotus folds in her wings and makes herself as small as possible to avoid being noticed.
(They're driving in trucks)
If you want to get a little more involved, we can make it that she works with Raptor and Winter to run the Checkpoint in Possibility (which is where they’re all driving anyway)?
I can give you some more info on the situation if you want to do that. :)

Dred snorted loudly, standing up and yawning, his huge tusklike fangs glistening in the few rays of light that managed to sneak into the truck through the metal walls. The cloudwing turned and seemingly Ignored him, Dred could see the wing feathers clearly now. Clipped unprofessionally, the edges jagged and frayed. He almost felt bad for making such a rude comment to the proud cloudwing, but he was always being so rude! And bossy and cocky and…he treated kopak like a pile of sticks. His only friend.
He let the conversation end there as they all sat in silence, but a half hour passed and the silence was getting hard to bare.
“Kopak, where are you going after we make it all the way north?”
( @-Shade- @Blue Raptor )

@MadRoostie
If you want to get a little more involved, we can make it that she works with Raptor and Winter to run the Checkpoint in Possibility (which is where they’re all driving anyway)?
This is Raptor:
Name: Raptor
Tribe: Sand/IceWing hybrid
Physical appearance: Raptor looks like your typical SandWing, except she has two wavy, icy blue stripes running from her face to her tail. Her barb is straighter and more like a curved spike, but still venomous. Her claws are slightly longer and more curved, and her wing membranes are more of an icy white color. The whites of her eyes are black like a normal SandWing’s, and her irises are a fiery yellow-orange color.
Though she looks mostly like a SandWing on the outside, she has a blue tongue and blood and can breath frostbreath like an IceWing. She wears a gold earring on her left ear with with a teal blue gemstone on it, and a silver ring with three similar-colored beads on her right talon; the former from her SandWing mother and the latter from her IceWing father.
Personality: Literally me, irl.
Backstory: Raptor grew up in Possibility with her mother and father, who met there. Unfortunately, because they’re polar opposite dragons- with her mother favoring the desert and her father favoriting the arctic- they kept falling out.
When Raptor was ten, she left home after a particularly nasty argument the day of, and snuck out after night without telling them where she was going. A few months later, she told them she’d moved far outside the city but wouldn’t be coming back to live with them.
She visits them every once in a while, but when they both moved to different houses she began visiting less. A secret bunker under a house in Possibility is used as a checkpoint for escaping dragons from the Scorpion Den, and she’s managed not to be found out—yet. She does shop in Possibility and manages to keep away from hunters, but she loves to fish and learn English.
She watches the checkpoint in Possibility for dragons escaping the Scorpion Den to the mountains with a SnowWing (this ⬇️)
Color: Usually white, but are also grey, black, and brownish colors.
Traits: SnowWings are flightless, furred, wolf like dragons that live in separate packs that run through the forests separate from the other dragon societies.
Abilities: SnowWings have wings, but they are small and weak, and can do no more than glide.
Habitat: Snowy, wooded forests.
named Winter.
Here’s what’s happened so far with them:
Raptor grinned, her stomach twisting with both excitement and fear simultaneously.
Several minutes later, she was at a small, run-down looking house at the southernmost part of Possibility. Out of breath, she set down a large cooler and huffed for a moment before dragging it inside. The door creaked inward and swing wildly as she pushed it, and two furry talons reached out from the darkness to take the cooler from her. “I’ll get that,” the owner of the talons said agreeably, and a furred face grinned back at her as she looked up.
Raptor groaned, letting the SnowWing take the heavy item as she shook out her talons. “Ugh that’s heavy,” she complained, stepping inside and barring the door from the inside with a heavy bit of metal.
“You know you could just bring the fish here after you catch it, right?” The SnowWing said, placing the cooler in a corner. “But then it would go bad,” Raptor informed him as she dug through her bag and pulled out the piece of paper which she proceeded to throw at the SnowWing. “And you misspelled ‘Checkpoint’.” The snow dragon ducked away from the paper with a playful grin on his face. “Okay, fine. How did I spell ‘Checkpoint’ wrong? Was it the O and the I? Dang it, I knew I got those mixed up.” Raptor rolled her eyes, “yeah, that and you missed a C.”
The SnowWing laughed and there was a pause.
“So how many are there?” The hybrid asked. The snow dragon’s eyes widened, “a hundred and five transport trucks, would you believe it.” Raptor matched his expression, “wait, really?” She said doubtfully.
“Yup,” the SnowWing went on, “they’re all arriving a little after sunset.” Raptor grimaced, a talon going to her forehead, “that’s.. a lot of dragons. You’ve seen the NightWings, right?” The SnowWing nodded, “it’s gonna be hard. We might end up taking out a couple, it’s gonna be fun!” The white dragon shivered with excitement while an uneasy feeling settled in Raptor’s gut. “They musta had a SkyWing messenger sent to the NightWings here the morning or something. Ooo, this is gonna be tricky!” The SnowWing skipped into the next room, leaving an anxious Raptor.
It was late in the afternoon now, and Raptor was only getting more anxious as she brought the last cooler of frozen fish and meat to the house. The pair had decided to store the meat in the bunker since there was a lot of it.
The building had two rooms, and both were bare save a few planks of wood stacked in the corner. The entry room was smaller, and the second room was huge in comparison. A whole half of the wooden floor opened and leaned vertically against the wall behind it; the bottom plated in a light but strong metal.
“I got the last of it!” Raptor called down, and the SnowWing’s voice echoed loudly back up; “‘kay just bring it down!”
It was a solid 18-foot drop, a short ceiling for most tall adult dragons, and a steep staircase for humans reaching from the opening into the bunker. The hybrid dragoness swooped down and placed the cooler off to the side, her eyes searching the length of the bunker. It was easily four times larger than the building above.
“Winter!” Raptor called, her voice sending a massive echo off the thick cement walls.
The SnowWing raced across the length of the bunker, sliding to a halt in front of her.
Raptor snorted. “Why are you wearing that?” She laughed. Winter grinned, “don’t I just look GoWrgOUs?” He said in a squeaky voice, tossing his head and batting his eyes as he struck a ridiculous pose. Raptor laughed harder. “Oh yEs,” she teased, “you’ll win ALL the SnowWing beauty shows fore SUrE!” Winter laughed, and the blanket he’d had draped over his head fell to the floor.

Welp i guess Lotus is following the trucks

Back
Top Bottom