Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Sage watched the silkwing struggle but he tensed as he saw the metal chain flying back at him. It was fast enough where he wasn't paying attention and he reached up a hand desperately to grab it, but the metal on the muzzle section sliced his hand and he let out a roar between a human and a dragon. Anger now in his eyes, he glared at the silkwing as blood dripped down the chain. He was tired of this. He bolted towards her, claws extended and he grabbed her shoulders and shoved to the ground.

@MadRoostie
Lotus gasped for air as she hit the ground, she spit out blood and sat up. The silkwing wiped the blood off her mouth. "You were the one chasing me. Who are you?" Lotus growled, though she doesn't look very threatening for a dragon. She flared her wings as an attempt to look bigger.

@Yukiko

Whietstar followed Austin's motion toward the large building.
"I think I have an idea," he whispered, watching a nearby guard carefully.
"But we gotta get close to the building first."

@Yukiko
(Sorry about the short part, my nails are drying rn)
(Yer good lol)

Austin nodded. He was actually surprised that the two of them were working together. But, I guess they had no choice. They needed the information in those archives. Looking out at the guards, he saw some of them scanning but then others began talking. They should put better guards here. He thought with a grin. Though, he was stumped at how to get to the building without being seen. There were too many eyes. Wait...
Austin whipped out his phone and rang up Alyssia, hoping she wasn't asleep. One ring, two rings, three.
"Austin?"
He sighed in relief, actually grateful to hear her voice. He whispered as loud as he dared and hoped she could hear. "Alyssia. I need you to pull up a schematic of the Scorpion Den on my laptop."
He heard some rustling on the other side and then her voice again, "Uh, yeah, sure. Why?"
He rolled his eyes at the question. "We're beside the weaponry and main commander's building. Can you get us to the Archives building without being seen by guards. It's two away from the weapons building in the pentagon that the buildings make."
More rustling from the other end. He heard fingers typing rapidly at keys. "Austin, where would I find the schematic?"
He looked out at the guards again and hoped that they couldn't hear him, "It's in my files under "Private".
More typing and scrolling sounds.
"Got it." Came the voice on the other end. "Hmm, looks tough. Hold on, just let me..."
It seemed like an eternity until she spoke again and he knew that Whitestar was probably getting antsy with the waiting. He looked at him and gave him a shrug.
"Alright, the buildings surrounding the 5 main buildings are much shorter. If Whitestar carries you, you may be able to fly around the back of the armory building. After you fly around that, you will come to an alleyway next to the archives building. Judging from the position of the moon, you should come out of the alleyway in shadow, so whatever plan you have, that would be the best place to enact it."
Austin nodded even though he knew she couldn't see it. "Good."
"One more thing. The alley you would end up in wraps around the archives building. Just thought you ought to know."
"Alright, that sounds good." He closed the phone and looked up at Whitestar. "Alyssia said for you to carry me and fly around the back of this building." He gestured to the building standing back to back with the commander's one they were next to. "We should be able to fly around the building because that building is shorter. But, we have to fly in between the windows or as much as possible. There's an alleyway when we get around the building that we can land in and hopefully not draw attention. Make sense?"

@-Shade-

Lotus gasped for air as she hit the ground, she spit out blood and sat up. The silkwing wiped the blood off her mouth. "You were the one chasing me. Who are you?" Lotus growled, though she doesn't look very threatening for a dragon. She flared her wings as an attempt to look bigger.

@Yukiko
Sage rolled away from the silkwing, "Someone who can't afford someone else lurking in the forest. Especially when they know that you're there." The dragon had bite to her despite her size. Maybe she could be useful. Sage dropped his chain back to his hip, ignoring the fact that blood was still flowing from his hand. He landed and stood, trying to look as non-threatening as possible. Though, that was hard for someone who looked like him. "Do you have a home around here, silkwing? Apart of any family in the nest?"

@MadRoostie

(Yer good lol)

Austin nodded. He was actually surprised that the two of them were working together. But, I guess they had no choice. They needed the information in those archives. Looking out at the guards, he saw some of them scanning but then others began talking. They should put better guards here. He thought with a grin. Though, he was stumped at how to get to the building without being seen. There were too many eyes. Wait...
Austin whipped out his phone and rang up Alyssia, hoping she wasn't asleep. One ring, two rings, three.
"Austin?"
He sighed in relief, actually grateful to hear her voice. He whispered as loud as he dared and hoped she could hear. "Alyssia. I need you to pull up a schematic of the Scorpion Den on my laptop."
He heard some rustling on the other side and then her voice again, "Uh, yeah, sure. Why?"
He rolled his eyes at the question. "We're beside the weaponry and main commander's building. Can you get us to the Archives building without being seen by guards. It's two away from the weapons building in the pentagon that the buildings make."
More rustling from the other end. He heard fingers typing rapidly at keys. "Austin, where would I find the schematic?"
He looked out at the guards again and hoped that they couldn't hear him, "It's in my files under "Private".
More typing and scrolling sounds.
"Got it." Came the voice on the other end. "Hmm, looks tough. Hold on, just let me..."
It seemed like an eternity until she spoke again and he knew that Whitestar was probably getting antsy with the waiting. He looked at him and gave him a shrug.
"Alright, the buildings surrounding the 5 main buildings are much shorter. If Whitestar carries you, you may be able to fly around the back of the armory building. After you fly around that, you will come to an alleyway next to the archives building. Judging from the position of the moon, you should come out of the alleyway in shadow, so whatever plan you have, that would be the best place to enact it."
Austin nodded even though he knew she couldn't see it. "Good."
"One more thing. The alley you would end up in wraps around the archives building. Just thought you ought to know."
"Alright, that sounds good." He closed the phone and looked up at Whitestar. "Alyssia said for you to carry me and fly around the back of this building." He gestured to the building standing back to back with the commander's one they were next to. "We should be able to fly around the building because that building is shorter. But, we have to fly in between the windows or as much as possible. There's an alleyway when we get around the building that we can land in and hopefully not draw attention. Make sense?"

@-Shade-
"I have an idea," the Icewing repeated, and he reached into the sachel beneath his wing. Whitestar pulled out an old, worn-down necklace chain he'd picked up on the beach back on his island. The silver was blackened with age and dented and any pendant that had once been on it had rotted away years ago.
"Enchant this necklace to turn the wearer invisible while worn."
Whitestar once again ignored the chill in his bones, glancing back down toward Austin before slipping it over his head.
"Would this work?"
He glanced down at his own talons, realizing he could no longer see them. He ran his gaze over the rest of his body, suppressing a shudder at the weirdness of being unable to see himself.

@Yukiko

Sage rolled away from the silkwing, "Someone who can't afford someone else lurking in the forest. Especially when they know that you're there." The dragon had bite to her despite her size. Maybe she could be useful. Sage dropped his chain back to his hip, ignoring the fact that blood was still flowing from his hand. He landed and stood, trying to look as non-threatening as possible. Though, that was hard for someone who looked like him. "Do you have a home around here, silkwing? Apart of any family in the nest?"

@MadRoostie
Lotus hissed, "I don't think that's any of your business.. hybrid." She folded in her wings and looked away, nursing her sore arm. Her arm is bleeding from the fall. The silkwing's antenna's are still pointed at the man. "What are you doing here?"

@Yukiko

Last edited:
Here it is folks, my first fullbody dragon sketch in 8 years.
Here's.... Lotus. Someday I'll paint her.

1689856779478.png

"I have an idea," the Icewing repeated, and he reached into the sachel beneath his wing. Whitestar pulled out an old, worn-down necklace chain he'd picked up on the beach back on his island. The silver was blackened with age and dented and any pendant that had once been on it had rotted away years ago.
"Enchant this necklace to turn the wearer invisible while worn."
Whitestar once again ignored the chill in his bones, glancing back down toward Austin before slipping it over his head.
"Would this work?"
He glanced down at his own talons, realizing he could no longer see them. He ran his gaze over the rest of his body, suppressing a shudder at the weirdness of being unable to see himself.

@Yukiko
Austin's eyes went wide. He'd forgotten that this dragon had magic-like powers. His mind went back to the oasis where Alyssia had been healed and he criticized himself for forgetting such a valuable asset.
Nodding towards Whitestar, or where he assumed Whitestar was still standing, he prepared for Whitestar to pick him up. Now that the dragon was invisible, this job was going to be a lot easier.

@-Shade-

Lotus hissed, "I don't think that's any of your business.. hybrid." She folded in her wings and looked away, nursing her sore arm. Her arm is bleeding from the fall. The silkwing's antenna's are still pointed at the man. "What are you doing here?"

@Yukiko
Sage raised an eyebrow. She was very defiant and rebellious. Interesting.
He took another step towards her and decided to try a different tactic, "I was just wondering if you'd be interested in an offer. I'm here to tell certain people about a movement. A movement that will change the course of history, and you can have part of it."
He kept his muscles tensed and ready for action. The dragoness still looked wary of him and he wasn't going to take any chances. "Tell me, have you heard of Queen Cirrus?"
@TheWasp

Sage raised an eyebrow. She was very defiant and rebellious. Interesting.
He took another step towards her and decided to try a different tactic, "I was just wondering if you'd be interested in an offer. I'm here to tell certain people about a movement. A movement that will change the course of history, and you can have part of it."
He kept his muscles tensed and ready for action. The dragoness still looked wary of him and he wasn't going to take any chances. "Tell me, have you heard of Queen Cirrus?"
@TheWasp
Lotus psshawed, and waved off the idea. "A movement? A movement almost cost me my life. Forget it." She rubbed her arm and stood, flaring her wings. Rolling her eyes, "Another Queen? I have not."
(making foodstuffs, sorry for short reply)
@Yukiko

Back
Top Bottom