Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Eclipse turned back to Sol, her gaze darkening slightly.
"I barely even know the stories of how the rift began. It's not as simple as the one between the Icewings and the Nightwings, if you could call that 'simple'," she started, shifting onto her side and pulling her wing back in, completely forgetting she still had it rested over his shoulder.
"It's been that way for centuries. Sun against Moon. I've heard old stories and legends about the tribes. Back when the Lunarwings still had their kingdom, and both tribes knew the secrets of the sun and moons and how their tribes were powerful by them. Some legends claimed Lunarwings once had the ability to read minds and foresee the future just like Nightwings. When a dragonet was hatched from either tribe, certain celestial events determined the strengths they held. Some spoke of Solarwings with the ability to control fire, not just their scales, and the warping of the Lunarwings was an art, not just an ability.
"Whenever wars and conflicts broke out between the tribes, they were nothing like the little skirmishes that other tribes have had within the past couple of millennials. Even the War of The Sandwing Succession was dwarfed in comparison. The two tribes would clash in battles of unimaginable power, and some say the rivalry is as old as time itself.
"As other tribes rose over time, the Lunarwings neglected their practices and their arts. Some abused the power of their warping, and the other tribes came to fear and despise them. I believe it was some time before The Scorching that the Lunarwings were driven out. Without their polar opposites to balance them, the Solarwings became weak and eventually disappeared from the continent as well.
"Over time, of course, the Solarwings returned from wherever they had scattered to, and their tribe was rebuilt. I never learned the legends of where they went before that. But the Lunarwings were never able to return. All knowledge of the moons that had once made them as powerful as they were was lost to time, dying off as quickly as the tribe itself did. Humans and dragons alike hunted them, and they have been scattered between both continents and beyond for centuries.
"The differences between the tribes never died though. Some Solarwings still despise the Lunarwings and vise-versa. At least now, after all this time, the rivalry has become more of a bitterness and less of a hatred. But that could always be because of how little Lunarwings remain."
Eclipse glanced up at Sol again, realizing she had gotten lost in thought. A couple of other nearby dragons were listening as well, their eyes wide with interest, and she shot them all a withering look before turning back to the Solarwing.
"S-sorry, I got a little carried away."

@_-Captain BRM-_
(legit, she got as carried away as I did XD )
(KAWAY, HALP. Idk if this is accurate to Lunar/Solarwing lore)

"That's what I'm trying to say," Alicanto breathed, glancing at Vel with narrowed eyes.
"We could be flying right into a death trap. If the rebellion is stationed in Possibility, we are as good as dead. And she seems pretty hasty to take us there."

@Little Baby Bean
“So, when would be the right time to leave?” He asked, picking at his talons.

“So, when would be the right time to leave?” He asked, picking at his talons.
"I don't know. We could leave now, but I don't know how you feel about carrying me all the way back to the Den."
Alicanto rolled over with a pained grunt, flopping onto his back and staring up at the indigo sky, golden colors tinting the Eastern horizon.
"Or we could wait until we get to Possibility and then take a transport back to the Den. Although, that doesn't sound like a very foolproof plan. Either way, there's a chance we get killed."

@Little Baby Bean
(Hey @-Kiwi-, what if they do try to go back to the Den and run into the other two whose names I haven't pinned down yet? Your fugitives? Or they run into them within the next several minutes or sum, up to you and Cap though)
@_-Captain BRM-_

Last edited:
"I don't know. We could leave now, bit I don't know how you feel about carrying me all the way back to the Den."
Alicanto rolled over with a pained grunt, flopping onto his back and staring up at the indigo sky, golden colors tinting the Eastern horizon.
"Or we could wait until we get to Possibility and then take a transport back to the Den. Although, that doesn't sound like a very foolproof plan. Either way, there's a chance we get killed."

@Little Baby Bean
(Hey @-Kiwi-, what if they do try to go back to the Den and run into the other two whose names I haven't pinned down yet? Your fugitives? Or they run into them within the next several minutes or sum, up to you and Cap though)
@_-Captain BRM-_
I would like if they stuck together... Ngl, I thought Alicanto was much weaker and injured, so if you were playing him down, both Vel and I fell for it.

Yes! I thought about that, it would actually be so cool! Cochineal and.. Arya or something?

"I don't know. We could leave now, bit I don't know how you feel about carrying me all the way back to the Den."

@Little Baby Bean
@_-Captain BRM-_
“Yeah, I’d rather not carry you all the way back to the Scorpion Den. I think the second plan may be more foolproof but it may be faster.” Ajax said, feeling unsure.
“Whatever you think would be better and a lesser chance of us dying.”

I would like if they stuck together... Ngl, I thought Alicanto was much weaker and injured, so if you were playing him down, both Vel and I fell for it.

Yes! I thought about that, it would actually be so cool! Cochineal and.. Arya or something?
He is very weak, but he doesn't want to show it, so he wastes all his strength in little bursts and then crashes. Right now, he is just kinda flopped over on the ground by the pool, he can't really do ANYTHING

“Yeah, I’d rather not carry you all the way back to the Scorpion Den. I think the second plan may be more foolproof but it may be faster.” Ajax said, feeling unsure.
“Whatever you think would be better and a lesser chance of us dying.”
Alicanto gave an amused snort, regretting the choice immediately as fresh pain flared through his head and skull again.
"I think we're kinda done for either way pal," he murmured, letting his head roll sideways to look at the hybrid. Exhaustion was slowly creeping back into his voice and his thoughts were starting to slur back together again.
"Maybe... Nah, forget it." He closed his eyes with another discouraged huff.

Alicanto gave an amused snort, regretting the choice immediately as fresh pain flared through his head and skull again.
"I think we're kinda done for either way pal," he murmured, letting his head roll sideways to look at the hybrid. Exhaustion was slowly creeping back into his voice and his thoughts were starting to slur back together again.
"Maybe... Nah, forget it." He closed his eyes with another discouraged huff.
oops, I meant to tag @Little Baby Bean
It's just instinct to tag Cap by this point XD

Eclipse turned back to Sol, her gaze darkening slightly.
"I barely even know the stories of how the rift began. It's not as simple as the one between the Icewings and the Nightwings, if you could call that 'simple'," she started, shifting onto her side and pulling her wing back in, completely forgetting she still had it rested over his shoulder.
"It's been that way for centuries. Sun against Moon. I've heard old stories and legends about the tribes. Back when the Lunarwings still had their kingdom, and both tribes knew the secrets of the sun and moons and how their tribes were powerful by them. Some legends claimed Lunarwings once had the ability to read minds and foresee the future just like Nightwings. When a dragonet was hatched from either tribe, certain celestial events determined the strengths they held. Some spoke of Solarwings with the ability to control fire, not just their scales, and the warping of the Lunarwings was an art, not just an ability.
"Whenever wars and conflicts broke out between the tribes, they were nothing like the little skirmishes that other tribes have had within the past couple of millennials. Even the War of The Sandwing Succession was dwarfed in comparison. The two tribes would clash in battles of unimaginable power, and some say the rivalry is as old as time itself.
"As other tribes rose over time, the Lunarwings neglected their practices and their arts. Some abused the power of their warping, and the other tribes came to fear and despise them. I believe it was some time before The Scorching that the Lunarwings were driven out. Without their polar opposites to balance them, the Solarwings became weak and eventually disappeared from the continent as well.
"Over time, of course, the Solarwings returned from wherever they had scattered to, and their tribe was rebuilt. I never learned the legends of where they went before that. But the Lunarwings were never able to return. All knowledge of the moons that had once made them as powerful as they were was lost to time, dying off as quickly as the tribe itself did. Humans and dragons alike hunted them, and they have been scattered between both continents and beyond for centuries.
"The differences between the tribes never died though. Some Solarwings still despise the Lunarwings and vise-versa. At least now, after all this time, the rivalry has become more of a bitterness and less of a hatred. But that could always be because of how little Lunarwings remain."
Eclipse glanced up at Sol again, realizing she had gotten lost in thought. A couple of other nearby dragons were listening as well, their eyes wide with interest, and she shot them all a withering look before turning back to the Solarwing.
"S-sorry, I got a little carried away."

@_-Captain BRM-_
(legit, she got as carried away as I did XD )
"So, then." Sol laughed briskly, breaking the awkward silence like an expert. "Alright. Well. Ridiculous. It's so, very ridiculous." He glanced at the LunarWing. "Is that how you were raised, then? To hate.. SolarWings?" He gave her a skeptical look. "Hard to imagine you actually believe all that?"

"So, then." Sol laughed briskly, breaking the awkward silence like an expert. "Alright. Well. Ridiculous. It's so, very ridiculous." He glanced at the LunarWing. "Is that how you were raised, then? To hate.. SolarWings?" He gave her a skeptical look. "Hard to imagine you actually believe all that?"
Eclipse shrugged, a wry smile curling on the edges of her mouth.
"Define 'raised'," she said quietly, messing with her claws, as usual. "My brother told me stories of the tribes, but we were more focused on surviving than dwelling on tribal conflicts."
She glanced up at Sol again. "I don't hate Solarwings, even though I've met quite a few who hate me. If we could all just learn to get along- and I mean all tribes- we would actually be able to accomplish things like fighting back against the humans."

@_-Captain BRM-_

Back
Top Bottom